You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Relative paths in resource manager

Now is only absolute paths in resource manager - see this:

01.png,

This is big complication, when project is moving to another folder (for expamle to Archive) or for another computer with different structure...

Please add Relative paths - maybe by default, or like possibility to choose like in this is  example  from Autocad:

02.png

Please see here:

Also there are a couple of other threads wanting this, but I did not see a feedback from Serif staff so far.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

2 minutes ago, Steps said:

but I did not see a feedback from Serif staff so far.

Perhaps because of this?

'From 3 pm on Friday 21st December 2018 until 9 am Wednesday 2nd January 2019 the Serif office is officially closed.'

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

52 minutes ago, dominik said:

Perhaps because of this?

'From 3 pm on Friday 21st December 2018 until 9 am Wednesday 2nd January 2019 the Serif office is officially closed.'

d.

Kidding me?  O.o No, of course not. I mean plenty much older threads where Serif did not give a response to relative paths.

Also we do have already the 3rd. ;)

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

4 minutes ago, Steps said:

I mean plenty much older threads where Serif did not give a response to relative paths.

You did not refer to those 'plenty much older threads' you referred to a post from Dec. 30th. This is what made me wonder.

Give the Affinity team a chance to catch up. But each is to it's own schedule :)

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

21 minutes ago, dominik said:

You did not refer to those 'plenty much older threads' you referred to a post from Dec. 30th. This is what made me wonder.

You quoted me in parts. Maybe on purpose.

I wrote:

1 hour ago, Steps said:

Also there are a couple of other threads wanting this, but I did not see a feedback from Serif staff so far.

This means I refer to the other much older threads.

I did not refer to my own thread. I linked it because I wanted to offer my solution.

But I think you already got that in the first place and want to troll me for some reason. I will not further feed you.

4 hours ago, Steps said:

I did not see a feedback from Serif staff so far.

They have stated a few times that they generally do not respond to feature requests.  There have obviously been exceptions, but in general immediate feedback/discussion for something like this should not be expected.

11 minutes ago, fde101 said:

They have stated a few times that they generally do not respond to feature requests.  There have obviously been exceptions, but in general immediate feedback/discussion for something like this should not be expected.

Thank you. Did not see that.

Maybe Serif should really put up a FAQ for this because they said a lot general things but it's somehow deeply burried in topics with a lot of pages.

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello,
impossible to integrate this software into a corporate workflow (with git, svn or teams file server) without two features:
  - the relative paths for the resource files (we are in 2022 damn it at the end!)
  - the filename variables in the exports (impossible to generate templates if the export cannot be dependent on the filename)

thanks to Serif for correcting his absurd policy of pushing us back to competition!