You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where can i find Lens Correction Profiles In Raw?

This should usually happen automatically when opening and developing a RAW file, since the relevant informations (cam type, lense used etc.) are all inside the EXIF image data. The software usually reads this data and applies the lens corrections, as far as the cam and lens are supported and identified through the by the software used third party libraries for these tasks. - See the related ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

10 hours ago, thetroubshooter said:

well all of my cameras and lenses are supported acording to these charts but still it doesnt show up

You can't select a profile. It will be applied automatically if:

• You have "Apply Lens Corrections" selected in the Develop Assistant (View > Assistant Manager... while in the Develop Persona)  and
  • The camera and lens is supported and
  • The camera and lens information specified in the EXIF data is correct (View > Studio > EXIF).

Photo uses exiftool to read the information, and on occasion that may not happen properly.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 5 months later...

My lens (Nikon 18-135mm zoom) is not supported by default so I needed to download & install the Nikon SLR lens profiles. Here's a link to the tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahBF2_On_rA

p.s. Adobe Lightroom does NOT provide a profile for this lens -- yet another reason I'm glad I switched to Affinity Photo!

• Affinity Designer 2.4.2
  • Affinity Photo 2.4.2
  • Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
  • MacBook Air (M1, 2020) running macOS Sonoma v14.4.1
  • Nikon D7100 with 18-135mm zoom

http://www.dojopico.org

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, JonnyPanic said:

@walt.farrell 

You can't select a profile”

“… and on occasion that may not happen properly.”

So surely to mitigate this issue the user should be able to select their profile of choice, no?

First, you're asking about a topic and post that are over two years old.

Second, this topic is in the Questions section, and the answer I gave was accurate for the question that was asked. It was not about whether one should be able to do so, but about how the program actually works. Topics dealing with enhancing the program would belong in the Feature Requests part of the forum, not the Questions part of the forum. And topics dealing with the program working incorrectly would belong in the Bugs section.

However, in any case, in the intervening two years, it is now possible to control Lens Correction in the Develop Persona, and to manually choose the lens profile to use:

image.png.c8c8ba0dfad5ea67f265ef1a128bf8fb.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 5 months later...

I really don't understand how someone can use a question another person asked as an opportunity for themselves to be hostile, there is no excuse for a person to berate another person period.  It is simply an unkind way to be and I personally find that type of reply cowardly and offensive. It requires absolutely no nerve to be a bully online, and replying towards someone you are upset with like an ogre makes you one... not a source for anything but grief, Golden Rule please.  

And if I see rudeness, now or 20 years ago....I will say something, count on it. People speaking about it, that's how we eliminate it ...unkindness that is.

I came here seeking information, instead I walked into a 'grief' bashing someone in their head online, pretending to be a service  ...pitiful waste of time that ruins a thread