You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Data Graphing Feature for Designer?

Occasionally, I have the need to produce data graphs for business, scientific or financial reports.

When it comes to producing tables, I know that the forthcoming Publisher will have a table making capability, but for those who need to produce attractive data graphs for scientific and financial reports, would Affinity consider adding this capability to Affinity Designer?

In the meantime, can anyone recommend a tool and a workflow for producing attractive and professional looking data graphs including but not limited to bar charts, pie charts, and scatter graphs?

I’d use an actual tool for data visualization. If I’m not mistaken, MicroStrategy has a free Desktop product you may consider for this scenario.

Best regards!

@Mithferion

Thanks for the referral. 

I've discovered that for standard graphs, I can use Apple's Pages or Numbers apps to generate fairly clean, attractive graphs that I can then copy as a PDF graphic, paste into AF Designer, and then customize. It's a great fallback option. As long as I keep the Pages/Numbers source file, I can update the graph if my client supplies me with new data.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be nice to have a easy chart generator where you can enter a chart type and some data for it.

The result can be something like the thing that was generated in this tutorial video by hand.

The generator gives as output the layers and you can refine it from there to your needs.

EDIT: I quicky researched this and here is a free online service that does basicly what I would like to see integrated into Designer. Of course the charts there are not so pretty as the nice thing that guy in the YouTube video build up, but I think you get the idea.

Edited by Steps
added link to online service

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471