You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saving images for the web

In APh you can create/setup new documents for defined web sizes, which the file export will then rely on. Further you can export via the export persona and setup different custom sizes there. - See:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Hi Freddie,

The only difference between Photoshop and Affinity is the name. In Photohop "Save for web". In Affinity "Export" . DPI or PPI settings are of no use for the web and you don't have to bother about them! What do you miss from Photoshop? (I have CS 6) so maybe there is something essentiel that I don't know of.

Regards,

David 

David, I have been using Photoshop since 1990 and welcome Affinity Photo and will be letting Adobe Creative Suite go in favour of the Affinity programs when I update to OS Mohave. However, AP is not yet PS in some areas, not being able to key in metadata and 'Save for Web devices' shortcut being but two. The later is very useful when you are building an image heavy website where the images are constantly being changed and updated. I can do it manually in AP but it takes a lot more time, despite using Macros.

• 3 weeks later...

I have never used Affinity Photo but am considering it.  I use a Photoshop macro in my application which involves

(1) resizing a photo [typically reducing the width while constraining proportions],

(2) using the Photoshop "Save for Web" for saving a much-reduced file size of the photo without changing the pixel dimensions,

(3) saving the resized & compressed photo with the same original name with the "replace" option, and

(4) closing that photo.  I have hundreds of photos to process this way for every event I work.

Can Affinity create a macro to do these steps?  Thanks...

18 hours ago, Jim Kinney said:

Can Affinity create a macro to do these stepsThank

Not as a regular macro. However you should be able to use a macro to do the resizing to a fixed size. (Search the Tutorials Forum for Macro for fixed size.) Having got your macro, you should be able to perform the rest of your operations as a batch job which calls the macro.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

20 hours ago, Jim Kinney said:

I have never used Affinity Photo but am considering it.  I use a Photoshop macro in my application which involves

(1) resizing a photo [typically reducing the width while constraining proportions],

(2) using the Photoshop "Save for Web" for saving a much-reduced file size of the photo without changing the pixel dimensions,

(3) saving the resized & compressed photo with the same original name with the "replace" option, and

(4) closing that photo.  I have hundreds of photos to process this way for every event I work.

Can Affinity create a macro to do these steps?  Thanks...

See:

In general take a look here: Official Affinity Photo (Desktop) Video Tutorials

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2