You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

before / after view not possible like in lightroom ?

there is one feature that i’m really missing in affinity photo.

in lightroom it is possible to toggle the view between the edited picture and the original picture (menue : view > before / after > before only). it is also possible to use a keyboard shortcut in lightroom to toggle between view modes.

in affinity photo it is only possible to switch between  “none, split and mirror”.

but “before only” view is missing.

and it isn’t even possible to switch with keyboard shortcuts.

this is the only reason why i still use lightroom.

am i missing some options or is it really not possible in affinity photo ?

Have you tried using the History panel? You can click alternately on the first and last items in the panel. Or you can click on the beginning or end of the History slider.

This is probably not very efficient. It may be better to use a Snapshot. Unfortunately,  I have no experience of Snapshots.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Just now, John Rostron said:

Have you tried using the History panel? You can click alternately on the first and last items in the panel. Or you can click on the beginning or end of the History slider.

John

if i have to move the cursor to toggle it is distracting and it is not as useful as to toggle with a keyboard shortcut while watching and comparing all the changes in the picture.

in lightroom i toggle several times with the keyboard shortcut between before and after to observe all details and changes in the picture.

2 minutes ago, sam1 said:

if i have to move the cursor to toggle it is distracting and it is not as useful as to toggle with a keyboard shortcut while watching and comparing all the changes in the picture.

I did say that it was probably not very efficient, but it it is what I do. I rarely have very many steps in my history though.

Jhn

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• Staff

Hi sam1,

Welcome to the forums :)

The closest thing we have to this feature currently is Snapshots, you can set up a custom keyboard shortcut to create snapshots, however any switching must be done manually with a mouse in the Snapshots Studio, I recommend checking out the following video for more info -

In the meantime, I'll move this thread to our Feature Request section of the forums so our devs can consider adding this in the future :)

• 2 months later...

Im new in photo editing but the first thing what came to mind is to press a shortcut to see the photo before all changes.

A handy shortcut I can press anytime .. now its really complicated to check, how much I affected the original photo.

What is the advice from affinity team? What is your workflow in photo editing?