You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with adding a snapshot

Hello @henkada,

welcome to this forum

if I see that correctly, you have hidden the Studio view,.

Cheers

Studio-Ansicht.png

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

Hi,

Thanks, that helps.

BUT, If I want to eliminate dust & scratches with the Undo Brush Tool I get the message: You must select a history snapshot before trying to undo.

I tried to make aan attachment as an example for you but  it gave the message Upload failed, because it is too big?

So what must I do? I saw your video below but that tutorial does not work for me because of the problem with the Undo Brush Tool.

Must I use a snapshot after all? The video does not show this.

Please help.

• Staff

Hi henkada,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
To select/use a snapshot with the Undo Brush Tool you must click the small camera icon before the snapshot name in the Snapshots panel (the icon should become white/highlighted), NOT the snapshot name. Of course you need to have created at least one snapshot earlier to have something to select from the Snapshots panel.

Hello Mone and zaad,

Yess!! Clicking on the small icon was the solution.

This was not said in the video.

It saves me a lot of work because I scanned a lot of film material taken on my mid-format camera Mamiya 7ii.

A lot of slides has a lot of dust on it.

The Affinity tool works like a charm.

Thank you both.

Kind Regards,

henkada

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone,

New in AF and learning a lot from vidéos and the workbook !

I don't understand why the "undo brush tool" DO ?! On the video tutorial "undo brush tool", when you put yourself on the snapshot and use the Undo Bruch tool it DO the effect !

Is it me or can"t i understand the logic ?!

Thanks for your help.

2 hours ago, Vladimir78 said:

I don't understand why the "undo brush tool" DO ?!

Suppose you have an image open, and have done some work on it. Now you take a snapshot, and then you do more work. Perhaps a lot more work.

With the Undo Brush Tool you can select the earlier snapshot, and when you brush over part of the image you will undo the changes made after the snapshot. But this affects only the area you brush over. It is not a complete undo, losing all of the work you did since the snapshot. It is a selective undo that only undoes the changes where you brush, making those parts of the image look like the snapshot again.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1