You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Next Page and Previous Page Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working 1.7.0.162

55 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

These stopped working with this latest update.

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 9.52.54 AM.png

The problem seems to be with the arrow keys, I reset to Shift + Option + Command + Left/Right square brackets and the shortcut worked, but any combination with up/down arrows didn't do a damned thing.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

The problem seems to be with the arrow keys, I reset to Shift + Option + Command + Left/Right square brackets and the shortcut worked, but any combination with up/down arrows didn't do a damned thing.

I created shortcuts to the menu commands using Keyboard Maestro. That worked.

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 1.20.03 PM.png

2 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

I created shortcuts to the menu commands using Keyboard Maestro. That worked.

Oh I don't like those things, OS updates tend to mess them up. I would forget to update the list of programs in Keyboard Maestro when I reinstall or update the various applications. Obviously though "our mileage varies" I do understand the usefulness of and yearn for consistent shortcuts across different vendors' software.

Question though, do you have to have the Affinity shortcuts blank, set to the same or does it matter?

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

Oh I don't like those things, OS updates tend to mess them up. I would forget to update the list of programs in Keyboard Maestro when I reinstall or update the various applications. Obviously though "our mileage varies" I do understand the usefulness of and yearn for consistent shortcuts across different vendors' software.

Question though, do you have to have the Affinity shortcuts blank, set to the same or does it matter?

I find Keyboard Maestro an invaluable tool.

I did nothing to the AF Pub shortcut settings. It would not matter. My Keyboard Maestro macro looks for the menu item, not a keyboard equivalent.

Cool.

1 minute ago, Mr. K said:

I find Keyboard Maestro an invaluable tool.

I did nothing to the AF Pub shortcut settings. It would not matter. My Keyboard Maestro macro looks for the menu item, not a keyboard equivalent.

Hi Mr. K

If you did not manually change they shortcut than this is actually cmd and the arrows with 2 lines through them. There was an issue where this symbol was being displayed as a regular arrow instead but this should be sorted now. May require a reset of shortcuts to show though

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

7 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Hi Mr. K

If you did not manually change they shortcut than this is actually cmd and the arrows with 2 lines through them. There was an issue where this symbol was being displayed as a regular arrow instead but this should be sorted now. May require a reset of shortcuts to show though

It does not work no matter what arrows the command is set to use. It does work if I change the shortcut to something like command shift B.

• 2 years later...

On 11/12/2018 at 10:10 AM, Chris_K said:

Hi Mr. K

Oh, that’s it! I expected, too, to use the courser keys, but it is [CMD][Page up]/[CMD][Page down] (the right keys in the block above the four courser keys, on a full keyboard that is). 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.