You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when merging windows in Separated Mode

In Separated Mode, dragging one open document on to another to merge them into one window causes crash.

Also reported in another thread:

As a side note, when in the default view (not separated) with multiple documents open, the Window Menu only displays the front document at the bottom of the list. Shouldn't it display all open documents?

[macos AfP beta 1.7.0.145]

[ macos 12.6 Monterey; Memory: 16GB;  Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB; Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 ]

1 hour ago, Jim_A said:

As a side note, when in the default view (not separated) with multiple documents open, the Window Menu only displays the front document at the bottom of the list. Shouldn't it display all open documents?

Well I'll be damned, I never noticed this until you pointed it out. I knew there was something bugging me about it (the Window menu) but I couldn't name it. Thanks and let us hope it gets fixed.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Crash fixed in 1.7.0.157 but still getting some screen redraw issues. See movie:

Is there a way to get the documents out of tabbed mode (i.e. each document in its own window) without going into Separated Mode?

[ macos 12.6 Monterey; Memory: 16GB;  Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB; Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 ]

• Staff

That doesn't look right... I get a very slight delay but it redraws properly almost instantly after that. What spec is your Mac?

Unfortunately you can't separate the documents outside of Separated Mode. I'm sure I've seen it requested before so I'd pop it in the feature request section.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.