You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving Guidelines hides point of Rotation Centre

I found a little, but terrible bug.
For example i create a circle. In the top Menu i klick on Show Rotation Centre. So far so good, but if i need Guidelines, the point of Rotaion Centre will be hidden if i move the Guidelines. I think that it is a bug because in Photo and Designer Rotation Centre will be not hidden if i move Guidelines.

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

• 5 months later...

Hm.. I would like to ask again how things are going now here, because it is still the same behaviour as last September and it is really annoying when you want to move guides to the rotation point and it hides by moving a guide. Than i can only guess where the piont is. The same beahavior is now also in Designer and Photo.
I attached a video that shows it.
Greetz Uwe

Have a nice day.

2 hours ago, Uwe367 said:

.. I would like to ask again how things are going now here, because it is still the same behaviour as last September and it is really annoying when you want to move guides to the rotation point and it hides by moving a guide. Than i can only guess where the piont is. The same beahavior is now also in Designer and Photo.

It's bad that the center disappears. But you can use the snap options to make guides snap to that point.

9 hours ago, Michail said:

It's bad that the center disappears. But you can use the snap options to make guides snap to that point.

The point snaps to the guides if i move it to them, but i can´t make it that the guides snap to the point. Ok... normally i move at first the guides to the point in the document where i need them and after that i move the rotation center from the object to the guides and this works very well. But in my opinion it is not normally that the point disappears by moving the guides.

Have a nice day.

This snapping works at the outsides and at the center point of the object, but not at the point of rotation center. The center point of an object i can not move to an ohter point because it is a physical fixed point in the object and there works the snapping what you show in the screenshot, but the point of rotation center is not the same as the center point.

Have a nice day.

3 hours ago, Uwe367 said:

This snapping works at the outsides and at the center point of the object, but not at the point of rotation center. The center point of an object i can not move to an ohter point because it is a physical fixed point in the object and there works the snapping what you show in the screenshot, but the point of rotation center is not the same as the center point.

In your video, the rotation center is in the middle. That's why I assumed that you mean the center. At an eccentric rotation center, auxiliary lines actually don't snap into place.

This behavior seems to be logical. In practice, you don't first place the rotation center and then align guides to it. Rather, it is the other way around. If you want to move the point, move it systematically to a new defined position (e.g. to an intersection of two auxiliary lines, or to another object). The rotation point therefore snaps to auxiliary lines as well as to other objects.

Can you give me an example where you need this functionality?

Irrespective of this, it would certainly be more comfortable if the rotation point (if it is in the center) would remain visible.

Ah ok.
Then it was a misunderstanding. It were better if i had moved the rotation center in the video out of the center.
I have not an example, i found it while i was playing and testing with publisher and then i found this behavior and thought that this is a bug because in 1.6.5.123 this it not will be hidden.
Sure.. the other way to move the guides at first, is the right way. An other way makes no sense.

Have a nice day.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.