Jump to content
abf

Blank page when trying to print

Recommended Posts

Imported a both a indesign pdf and an apples pages pdf . Both opened fine and were editable however when I tried to print the files I have been presented with a blank page. Is this a bug or is there a step I'm missing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A number of people have reported similar issues - sometimes swapping the scaling option corrects it but we've not actually been able to recreate it on site which is frustrating


Living the Dream since 1964 - about 25 years left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pauls said:

sometimes swapping the scaling option corrects it but we've not actually been able to recreate it on site which is frustrating

Yes, changing the scaling option fixes it: even changing it to 99% and then back to 100% fixes it. Changing to "Fit to Printable" also fixes it (even if the % stays at 100.)
Switching print queues 'restores' the blank page, even if all the settings are retained. So it's nothing about the settings themselves.

It's blank on my HP Laserjet 5200, but works correctly on my HP Color Laserjet 200 M251.

Most interesting, I also have two of my own CUPS backends (simple Unix scripts) as print queues: one shows blank, the other works. The only difference between them is the PPD. It's possible that tiny differences in the paper sizes might be a factor?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 1:06 PM, benwiggy said:

Yes, changing the scaling option fixes it: even changing it to 99% and then back to 100% fixes it. Changing to "Fit to Printable" also fixes it (even if the % stays at 100.)
Switching print queues 'restores' the blank page, even if all the settings are retained. So it's nothing about the settings themselves.

It's blank on my HP Laserjet 5200, but works correctly on my HP Color Laserjet 200 M251.

Most interesting, I also have two of my own CUPS backends (simple Unix scripts) as print queues: one shows blank, the other works. The only difference between them is the PPD. It's possible that tiny differences in the paper sizes might be a factor?
 

I have the same problem, also with a HP printer, Envy 5646. Get preview and print by changing to 'Fit to Printable' recommended by benwiggy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Pauls, I'm getting fail to preview in build 128. Change to 'Fit to Printable' and there is a preview. Going to print a booklet doesn't work in that printed pages are not all the right way up. I understand there isa problem with print 'models' on a Mac. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 9:47 AM, Pauls said:

A number of people have reported similar issues - sometimes swapping the scaling option corrects it but we've not actually been able to recreate it on site which is frustrating

Thanks for the tip Paul - I just opened my files in build 133. Still had a blank page when it came to printing on my Samsung CLP 320. However the good news is I tried your scaling suggestion and it worked just fine. The bad news is that it worked only once and when I tried to repeat the exercise using 'command P' publisher didn't respond nor did it activate when I chose print from the menu File > Print . It appears that after the scaling worked once I am frozen out of the print function completely. The only way I could make a repeat print was to quite publisher altogether starting afresh with same scaling dance.  Just quitting the window doesn't work and throws up error messages (see attachment).

Still loving publisher despite the print glitch

~ Allan

 

Publisher  fault.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still having this problem - no preview, no print.

I have tried all of the suggestions above, no luck.

Creating a PDF to print is the same - I get a blank PDF.

I have just updated to v1.8.3 (was getting same result in previous version too).

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update... while saving as PDF through the print dialogue box creates an entirely blank file, 'exporting as PDF' produces the file OK. So at least I have some print functionality!

:)

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 12.48.21.png

Edited by 2Niels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.