nalayak

Affinity Designer Pixel Persona's Brush is not Smooth

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Affinity Designer, i can say that Affinity Designer is a Very good Software

so i was working on brush today and i found something un-usual 

In Pixel Persona the Brushes is not smooth when i draw anything. but in Draw Persona there isn't any problem like this. 

see the Image, the Brush i used on the Left is from Draw Persona & the Brush i Used to the Right is from Pixel Persona. 

can anyone tell me why is this happening. 

am i doing anything anything wrong or missing anything

i am using affinity designer version 1.6.4 on Windows 10

Not Smooth.png

@Dave Quail  Thanks for Replying, 

This time i Tried using Stablizer. but as you see i exported the Image from Affinity Designer.
but still the Brush Stroke is not Smooth
If i use Brush in Draw Persona, The Stroke is Smooth But when i use Brush in Pixel Persona. there comes this Problem. 

Why is this Happening ?

Not Good.png

Hi Nalayak,

It looks like the first image was drawn with a vector brush, so by its very nature will always be smooth. Vector does not use pixels and always retains sharpness no matter what the zoom. The second looks like it has been drawn with a raster paint brush with 100% Hardness so will give some pixellation around the edges. I would suggest moving the hardness down to 80-90% and then try again. This will smooth out the raster brush edges so it doesn't look too jagged.

@nalayak You might get a more graphic idea of the difference between vectors & pixels by using Affinity Designer's View Mode options with this 2 vectors.afdesign file. It is intentionally very small (just 240 px square) to clearly show what happens when vectors shapes are rasterized (turned into pixels), so open it at the default 'Zoom To Fit" view size, or zoom even farther in so only a part of the curves are showing.

The 2 vectors should look nice & sharp, but note what happens when you click on Pixel view mode, the leftmost icon in this group of 3 in the menubar:

959299448_viewmodes.png.d084d95f0cbb14222cf11ae8f5f5cb42.png

Compare that to how they look when you click on Retina pixel view mode, the middle icon. The view mode does not change the vectors in any way. It just shows you what they would look like if rendered at different pixel resolutions.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2