matt.baker

Colour panel: ability to choose displayed values

Please could you give an option in the colour panel to choose the values of a particular colour space. The colour wheel is fixed at Hue Saturation and Lightness, but is a good method of quickly choosing a colour.

All it needs is a small dropdown that allows cycling of the values in RGB, HSL, RGB Hexidecimal and CMYK

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

https://getsharex.com/

Thanks MEB, but what I'm after is the same colour chooser, but with values displayed. I find that the colour wheel is a free flowing way to select the colours. I like being able to see the values I'm choosing in one place. I use the Colour Chooser dialogue as my default, but it's annoying that it opens in another panel just so I can view all the values. It just needs the other colour space values adding.

Something like this:

Dropdown.png.88a839dc473894838709ad0570515d03.png

Or this:

870886042_Valuefields.png.253e1913869fe79706147e9cf8ad13db.png

Or maybe even this (although this looks a bit messy):

Everything.png.915fe8909e3f83d8c83d894776cd257d.png

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

47 minutes ago, mattb5906 said:

what I'm after is the same colour chooser, but with values displayed. I find that the colour wheel is a free flowing way to select the colours. I like being able to see the values I'm choosing in one place. I use the Colour Chooser dialogue as my default, but it's annoying that it opens in another panel just so I can view all the values. It just needs the other colour space values adding.

Would the dialog that you get if you double-click on either the foreground or background color well help you?

It gives you this color chooser, but you can still do basic color range selection using the color wheel while this dialog is showing:

image.png.4145f7cfdb3890df39aaa78ab30dcd38.png

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, April 2018 Update (1803), 16.0GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104 and 1.6.5.112 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104 and 1.6.5.112 Beta

That's what I'm after, but in the colour studio panel without having to open another dialog which covers my design. Or even a cut down version of this in the panel rather than a separate dialogue.

11 hours ago, mattb5906 said:

I use the Colour Chooser dialogue as my default, but it's annoying that it opens in another panel just so I can view all the values.

I just find it a strange design desicion why HSL is shown, but nothing else.

CrPzyCp.jpg