You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Any chance the font menu selector list will get an increase in type size?

2 hours ago, blackxacto said:
4 hours ago, dutchshader said:

hover over the fonts in the font list. 

Where are you doing this in AP?

With the line of text selected on the canvas with the Move Tool, hovering over any font in the font list sets the text to that font. This also works in text entry mode (IOW, when the text insertion cursor is visible) for any selected (IOW, highlighted) text, so you can see how text with mixed fonts look. Since the text on the canvas is formatted in (one or more) point sizes, you can see how that looks, too.

Regarding font lists in general, it is maybe worth mentioning that for Mac users who are managing fonts with the Apple Font Book app, the Affinity Character panel supports (maybe with some restrictions) Font Book's regular & 'smart' collections. So, while using Font Book probably won't be an acceptable way to mange fonts for pro work, it is possible to create various Font Book collections for different projects or according to different criteria, & use them as sort of an extensible version of Affinity's Favorites filter.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Folks are free to do their typography wherever they want. I want to do quick typography in AP only, and I want to be able to see the style of the font in the font list, not an acreage taking name of the font. But that is my only request. AP needs to increase the size of the font selections and forget the generic name of each font.