NickCoates

unwanted white border when exporting via batch process

I'm having a problem with Photo adding a white border when I batch-process converting Affinity files to JPG. This doesn't happen when I export individual files using the file menu.
Am I missing a setting in the batch job dialogue that would stop this happening?

12 hours ago, NickCoates said:

Am I missing a setting in the batch job dialogue that would stop this happening?

It might help if you could post a screenshot of the batch job dialogue so we can see what settings you are using, but taking a wild guess, have you entered anything for the W and/or H values that would change the size of the exported JPG files?

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 & Affinity Designer 1.6..4.45 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.1.1

13 hours ago, ernesto94 said:

I attach an example exported from an artboard (to see the white borders you need a black background).

I think you'll find that the Artboard is a non-integer number of pixels in width and height, and only its left edge is aligned with the document pixel grid.

Use the "Force Pixel Alignment" snap to ensure Artboards are an integer pixel size and perfectly aligned with the pixel grid.

5aca08718edac_ScreenShot2018-04-08at13_13_49.png.58af59aafc6850e006aeff381f6db1c8.png

Also, in the app preferences you can increase the displayed number of decimal places for pixels, which can help you spot misalignment, but use "Force Pixel Alignment" to make sure things which should be aligned to the pixel grid do get snapped to it.