You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Children Book - new style for me

Dazmondo77

Been working with one of my oldest friends on this one - children book, which is something I've done in the past at a student level but always fancied doing something pro - I realised my normal ragged comic-esque style would look a little out of place so I tried to come up with a different kind of style for this one - I kind of started off with my first Affinity Designer dabblings and let it snowball from there, I've used photographs of local wood textures to create most of the art  - we are just coming to the end of the book now, just 3 or 4 pages off and then Aron, my poet extraordinaire, partner in crime is gonna start fishing to get it published - I'm all pretty new to this, and would really appreciate any advice from anyone on the forum on getting a publishing deal rather than self publishing.

Also, I've been dragging it out so that I'd be able to do the print ready layouts in Publisher but it's looking like I'll have to do this in InDesign CS5 - nay mind maybe we'll have Publisher for the next book in the series?

--- THE TREE IN THE SKY --- 

Tree in Sky bookK2.jpg

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Thank's Garry

It felt a little odd at first - but I'm really comfortable working this way now

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Fantastic work, Daz. Although the storyline and illustration style are very different, the story has echoes of Chris Van Allsburg’s wonderful book ‘The Polar Express’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)

Thank's Alfred

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk

5 minutes ago, Ros said:

I'm not sure about the "age marks" on the kid's faces.

What age marks? Are you referring to the wonderful wood-grain effect, or is there something I’ve overlooked??

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)