Is there an easy way to look at an image side by side in PhotoPersona? I want to see the finished picture, ready for print without a softproof adjustment and the same picture next to it with the result of a softproof adjustment applied. I am using windows with the newest AffinityPhoto version. Thanks

1 hour ago, jhgl said:

Is there an easy way to look at an image side by side in PhotoPersona? I want to see the finished picture, ready for print without a softproof adjustment and the same picture next to it with the result of a softproof adjustment applied. I am using windows with the newest AffinityPhoto version. Thanks

You could use the new Float option.

Window > Float All

float.jpg.d591722bfed2b86249f0b785708d72c5.jpg

floated.jpg.d1d020bff8d97ca5ae0b65a9b34c54e9.jpg

The trouble is (minor issue) is that to get the two different views, you would need two versions of the file.

One normal version, one with the Soft Proof Adjustment layer applied. Above one is Fly, one is Fly-proof

So save one version, reload it and float it.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Select All Layers in Layers Panel

Edit > Copy

File > New From Clipboard

Window > Float All

Add your Soft Proof adjustment to one of the windows

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

51 minutes ago, toltec said:

Above one is Fly, one is Fly-proof

groooansmileyf.gif

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1