You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't find the link to buy product

I know this sounds weird, but I'm having a really difficult time finding out how to purchase Affinity Designer. I tried the trial version last week, and I really like it. Now I want to buy it. I went to this website: https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/, and I feel like I'm just clicking around in circles getting back to the same screen over and over. I remember that I found the trial by googling it, not by finding the link in the website. This is a really great program, but I'm having a hard time navigating the website. Am I on the wrong site? It seems like such a good program would have a website that is more informative. I would think the link to buy it would be really obvious.

Also, my computer blocks links to vimeo, so I can't watch the tutorials. It thinks vimeo is unsafe. I don't know much about vimeo. I see tutorials on youtube, so I've been using them. Wish I could get to the others, though.

1 hour ago, momsthewordus said:

Also, my computer blocks links to vimeo, so I can't watch the tutorials. It thinks vimeo is unsafe.

Are you sure it's your computer, rather than just your browser, that thinks Vimeo is unsafe? What is your operating system? What browser(s) and security software do you use?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 2/20/2018 at 11:14 AM, Alfred said:

Are you sure it's your computer, rather than just your browser, that thinks Vimeo is unsafe? What is your operating system? What browser(s) and security software do you use?

I use windows 10, Chrome,  and AVG Antivirus. I also have Disney Circle (an internet filter) in my home, but it tells me when it is blocking something and will allow me to unblock it. Here's the message I get from Firefox: The owner of vimeo.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website. Here's the message I get from Chrome: 

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from vimeo.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Funny that Chrome, produced by Google who also produce YouTube (a competitor of Vimeo) is making it hard to connect to Vimeo. Just saying ;)

Check that the date on your PC is correct. That causes funny things to happen.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

That error message usually indicates a misconfigured website, just as it says. Recently, though, someone mentioned another site that got that message where the problem was with the antivirus program, if I remember correctly. I don't remember which AV program they used.

As both FF and Chrome are complaining it could be an AV issue, or possibly you have a problem with the certificates installed on your Windows system. Usually if you follow links to the more detailed error messages you'll find something that will help.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

8 hours ago, momsthewordus said:

I use windows 10, Chrome,  and AVG Antivirus. I also have Disney Circle (an internet filter) in my home, but it tells me when it is blocking something and will allow me to unblock it. Here's the message I get from Firefox: The owner of vimeo.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website. Here's the message I get from Chrome: 

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from vimeo.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

You can view all the videos on YouTube at the below links:

Affinity Designer:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6wX4Z3FIGUhyVbtCCwd4FA/videos

Affinity Photo:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQZN-kIrZUQyoTnexM3jJAw/videos

Affinity:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAYTwFk4xCES4-AaYus9yZA/videos

However don't ignore the errors that you're seeing in your browsers.  The Chrome error is saying that the Certificate Authority is invalid.  The real certificate for vimeo.com however isn't invalid and has valid root/intermediate certificates from a valid Certificate Authority (DigiCert).  Therefore the certificate your browser is seeing for vimeo.com isn't the one it should be seeing, so something is man-in-the-middling you. 

It could be your antivirus software trying to act as a (false) Certificate Authority by trying to issue it's own certificates so that it can intercept/inspect HTTPS traffic or it could be something malicious.  The first thing I would look at though is Disney Circle (see below article):

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001380672-I-m-Using-Circle-and-Getting-a-Security-Warning-

• 1 month later...