You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How does this power-duplicate (make a copy with a shift of position / size... and all further copies will increased by this values) really work? 

If i first duplicate (with shortcut) and THEN move the copy it does not work. 

If i duplicate by holding ALT it works, but by holding ALT i never get this finetuned offset i want???? 

So how to "activate" or HOLD power-duplicate while using the arrow keys for filigran movements???

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

26 minutes ago, Polygonius said:

How does this power-duplicate (make a copy with a shift of position / size... and all further copies will increased by this values) really work? 

Copy object to the required distance, then CTRL + J (windows)

11 minutes ago, telemax said:

Copy, then CTRL + J

????

ctrl+j = standard copy (duplicate)??? It does not work for power-duplicate (PD = accumulate an offset to each copy) This PD works only if i BEFORE made a duplicate via ALT-mosue. Then ctrl/cmd+j made copys with the given offset, BUT the first ALT-mouse movement is not as precise i want. So how to make PD only by keys (cmd+j and the arrows????) 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

8 hours ago, Polygonius said:

????

ctrl+j = standard copy (duplicate)??? It does not work for power-duplicate (PD = accumulate an offset to each copy) This PD works only if i BEFORE made a duplicate via ALT-mosue. Then ctrl/cmd+j made copys with the given offset, BUT the first ALT-mouse movement is not as precise i want. So how to make PD only by keys (cmd+j and the arrows????) 

If you want precision, press Ctrl + J then use the Transform panel to move the duplicated object.

Can't get more precise than that 

duplicate.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.