You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Centering image when printing

I am not able to center an image when printing to Fine Art Papers.  The image is centered ok if I print to a non Fine Art Paper  media type, but when I try printing to a Fine Art Paper the image is printed in the upper right corner of the paper and the right side is cut off.  I am printing to a Canon Pro-10 printer.  I am using the "Letter Art Paper Margin 30" setting.  This problem occurs when trying to print to any of the Fine Art Papers, but everything works just fine when printing the same image to a non Fine Art Paper.   Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? 

From what you write this sounds to me like a problem with the settings in your printer.  I assume the "Letter Art Paper Margin 30" is a setting which you select via your printer's control panel?  If so, are you able to access, view and possibly edit/alter the details of that setting so that the image prints in the centre of the paper?   Perhaps if you are able to compare the settings which work for the non Fine Art Paper with those for the Fine Art Paper which do not, you may see differences which could account for your problem.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

I did check the driver for the Pro-10 and it is the latest version.

The "Letter Art Paper Margin 30" setting is done in the printer's panel, and there are a few adjustments that are available.  However, I have tried the adjustments in various ways, but the same thing happens each time.  It is just strange that it only happens when printing to "Fine Art Paper."

13 hours ago, kett said:

The "Letter Art Paper Margin 30" setting is done in the printer's panel, and there are a few adjustments that are available.  However, I have tried the adjustments in various ways, but the same thing happens each time.  It is just strange that it only happens when printing to "Fine Art Paper."

Hello @kett,

just a thought to sort out the source of the problem: can you try and print from a different program with the same setting?

That way you could tell if the problem comes from Affinity or from the printer driver. In other words, if the problem persists even if you print from another program then it must be something in the driver.

Cheers,

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

I just printed the image using Photoshop, and it works just fine.  So the problem must have something to do with Affinity Photo.  I guess I am just stuck, and will have to continue to use Photoshop to do the printing.  

1 hour ago, kett said:

I just printed the image using Photoshop, and it works just fine.  So the problem must have something to do with Affinity Photo.  I guess I am just stuck, and will have to continue to use Photoshop to do the printing.  

I think it is a good progress to know that it has most likely to do with APh. Now the experts can look into this and you have a 'working workaround' ;)

After a while all will work nicely, I am sure.

d. 

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 3 years later...

I have an Epson Stylus Pro 3880 and am having this same exact problem. When using Photoshop I can center the image within the software - but I cannot find a similar option in Affinity. Because of this, I cannot print on A3 size Watercolor Radiant White paper - which is a fine art paper. It isn't a problem with the printer - it is definitely a problem from within Affinity Photo itself. Does ANYONE know whether or not there is any option to center from within Affinity Photo settings? I am trying out the trial version of Affinity but if this doesn't work then I can't switch from Photoshop. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.