You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer: Export to AI

Not sure if this has been discussed before, a search didn't turn anything up, but I'd love if Affinity Designer could export to Adobe Illustrator. (I create a lot of graphics that need to be brought into SAi Flexi for vehicle wraps and EPS is often riddled with layer errors.) Thanks for the consideration and keep up the great work. 

Hi there!

Here is a Topic where this is discussed (Spoiler Alert, Affinity won't be able to do so).

Best regards!

Right now this is my bane.

I have been growing used to AD to create illustrations and graphic assets, and the worst thing a client can ask me right now is "Can we have the .ai files?"

I export to .PDF, open in CS6, it doesn't keep the layers I had organized and labeled. It also converts the lines to shapes which wouldn't be so bad except they're terribly optimized and have hundreds of points.

EPS is a joke, it doesn't even keep the artboard's original size.

SVG stares blankly at a wall, shrieks and falls to the side like a fainting goat.

I understand you can't do anything about AI due to it being a private format, but these export options need some work.