You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pot Love

Sunset

I wanted to use some of the huge collection of digital clipart that I've amassed as a CraftArtist User so, purely for the enjoyment, I made a page with CA then made pages in Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo that used the same clipart elements and the same techniques (transparency was the only one that was created differently and that was easy enough) and to see how the work flow matched. I'm happy with the result. I never intended the three pictures to be precisely the same in any way so there are lots of subtle differences and they are immaterial to me, but I do like the little story that the three pictures tell, and how easy it is to use Designer to make just about anything.

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 00.17.00.png

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

Very well done. Seeing the comparison of the different pieces made with different programs shows that you are quite familiar with Serif's tools. You should have no trouble mastering Publisher when it releases I bet.

Oh and I'm glad the dragonfly got away.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

7 hours ago, Bri-Toon said:

Very well done. Seeing the comparison of the different pieces made with different programs shows that you are quite familiar with Serif's tools. You should have no trouble mastering Publisher when it releases I bet.

Oh and I'm glad the dragonfly got away.

Thanks for the comment :) I'm really looking forward to Publisher - and I had to have a happy ending, well spotted!

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

My Flickr Album

5 hours ago, Sunset said:

and I had to have a happy ending, well spotted!

Well you did say, "Little story that the three pictures tell."

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

20 minutes ago, A_B_C said:

Somehow I had a different mental image, when I read the thread title … :D … but I was enchanted when I found these lovely illustrations … nicely done, and a wonderful little story … :)

Hahaha! I wonder what that might have been!!!!! No comment :D I'm glad you enjoyed the images and the story :)

My Flickr Album

13 minutes ago, Sunset said:

Hahaha! I wonder what that might have been!!!!!

I think that A_B_C was thinking that the tail to the dragonfly was a taser and that the bird gets brutally shocked.

Joking aside, this was beautifully drawn.

1 minute ago, Bri-Toon said:

I think that A_B_C was thinking that the tail to the dragonfly was a taser and that the bird gets brutally shocked.

Joking aside, this was beautifully drawn.

I think Alex is more likely to have been thinking that 'Pot Love' suggested something to do with opiates! ;)

Anyway, all three compositions are lovely, and the little story that they tell when put together is a bonus. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)