You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Free Transform"? How do I? For the iPad

How do you do the equivalent of "Free Transform" in the iPad AP?

I have a box in a 3Q view and need to put an image on one side of it. I am dealing with perspective and masking. I know how to rotate and skew, but I can figure out how to "free transform" for perspective. I have not found any tutorials. So I need your help everyone.

Thank you.

JG

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

Hi HenkBrwr,

Yes, when applying the filter the first time tap the "thunder" icon in the context toolbar on bottom to convert the filter to a live filter so you can edit/adjust it later.

If you then need to readjust it later double-tap the corresponding layer in the Layers panel and adjust the perspective grid on canvas as usual.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Did you try clipping the pattern layer to the template layer? Drag pattern layer over the template layer in Layer studio. When you see blue line, let go. Move and resize pattern layer to suit.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• Staff

Hi Josie,
If you want to fill the leggings templates with the image pattens (without any distortions), you need to first use the Pen tool to draw one shape (or two shapes depending if you want to fill the legs separately) with the "form" of the legs. Then you can drag the pixel layer (the images with the patterns) over that shape layer in the Layers panel to use it as a clipping layer. The patten images will then appear just inside the shape you have drawn.

Currently seems you leggings template is a pixel layer (not a curve/shape with the legs forms) and so when you drag the pattern image over the leggings template Affinity uses the "whole rectangle area" of the leggings template image (not the leg forms) as a clipping layer and so the pattern appears all over the leggings template.

Note: To check the type of layer you are working with (pixel, curve etc) look at the label in small letters above the Layers name in the Layers studio. If the layer has no name the label itself is used as the name for that layer - so in your case it would say Pixel for the leggings template.

• Staff

Hi Joise, 
Here's the video using Photo for iPad. I've done it for the right leg. Use the same process for the left one or simply duplicate the the shape of the right leg, flip it horizontally and reposition on the left - it's quicker than drawing another shape for the left leg. I've used one of the star images you provided above and enlarged it on canvas just to show how to use a shape as a clipping layer but note those pattern images are too small to get a quality print. Redbubble provides a few guidelines/requirements you must follow to ensure you get a quality print. Check this page on their website for details on the required image dimensions.

NOTE/EDIT: I've been checking RedBubble guidelines/requirements and they do provide specific instructions and even a PSD template for this here. It's advisable to use it and follow their instructions to create the file as they require. The process explained/shown below in the video is just a generic way to use a shape as a clipping object/layer.

• 3 months later...