I love the fact that we get updates so often, but having to go to the webpage and go through the install process every single time I want to update is cumbersome and a waste of time. I don't think it would be hard to implement, but I think it would benefit everyone if we had one.

Yeah a launcher like jetbrains toolbox would be awesome.
If you don't know, this is a small app (like 50Mo max), and you need to log in your account on it, when is done the app show you your applications, and you can install / update and uninstall in on place.

image.png

An auto-update process is being internally tested for Affinity Store products at the moment. It will be an integral part of the software, and will mean updates are much smaller and will install without a manual download step. (Subject to successfully passing testing) I would expect this new functionality to be available for Affinity Store software from 1.7.0 onward but, as our 1.6.x builds do not have this technology included, the initial patch to install 1.7.0 cannot possibly do this, only subsequent ones like 1.7.1 & 1.7.2

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

34 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

An auto-update process is being internally tested for Affinity Store products at the moment. It will be an integral part of the software, and will mean updates are much smaller and will install without a manual download step. (Subject to successfully passing testing) I would expect this new functionality to be available for Affinity Store software from 1.7.0 onward but, as our 1.6.x builds do not have this technology included, the initial patch to install 1.7.0 cannot possibly do this, only subsequent ones like 1.7.1 & 1.7.2

Go Go Power Serif ! :D

Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

On 8/30/2018 at 4:48 PM, BleuDiamant said:

Yeah a launcher like jetbrains toolbox would be awesome.
If you don't know, this is a small app (like 50Mo max), and you need to log in your account on it, when is done the app show you your applications, and you can install / update and uninstall in on place.

image.png

I really dislike this idea.

Please stick to the native update mechanism (Mac App Store) or a semi-standard like Sparkle. 

14 minutes ago, floflo said:

Please stick to the native update mechanism (Mac App Store)

The Mac App Store update process is unaffected, hence my answer always used the term Affinity Store builds, where currently a manual download of the whole installer and a manual installation is required.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

On 9/12/2018 at 8:31 AM, Patrick Connor said:

Will it be like the Jetbrain laucher showed in a reply above? Because it's gonna be awesome...