You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Good morning

Yesterday I downloaded the latest upgrade AP but since doing it I keep on getting an error message saying: "error code could not be found or error code is invalid" followed by program closing.

It seems to be random when it happens , ie. not after any set process , any advice please would be most helpful.

Thanks 

Dave

Which version did you download? There are both Mac & Windows versions & both retail & customer betas.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I have just checked and it just says Affinity Photo 1.5.2.69

OK, so you're using the retail version. The current beta is 1.6.0.71 (or 1.6.0.70).

From your previous posts, you seem to be a Windows user like me.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sorry for delay in replying, I am using windows 10 latest edition, The edition of AP was taken from the latest download that I was prompted to load last week.

I have been using AP again to day and had the same crash report saying "unable to find, or invalid report", any help would be much appreciated.

thanks 

• Staff

Hi Dave007,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Can you please press and hold CTRL while launching the application, then press the Clear button from the dialog that will open to reset the app? It should work after the reset. Let us knows if it still doesn't.

Seems there's a few issues with out crash reporter as well, hopefully this will be improved as we move forward.