webuxer

How can I curve text in Affinity Photo

Hello,

Im new to Affinity Photo and was wondering if there's a way to curve text? I have searched and most recommend to use Affinity Designer. This can't be done in Photo? If is possible can someone advise me on how I can accomplish this?

Thank you

Text on a path can only be done in AD at the moment but you can use the Mesh Warp tool on, say, Artistic Text to curve it but the text will not remain editable afterwards

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

I managed to do it with Select the text box with the Move tool then - Filters - Distort - Rectangular to Polar but it not ideal and I am a total beginner to AP.

I found the mesh warp blurs and pixelates too much.

This seems exceptionally unintuitive, with so many things it can do the fact it can't do something that is used all the time makes me just head back to photoshop.

1 hour ago, luvleggs said:

This seems exceptionally unintuitive, with so many things it can do the fact it can't do something that is used all the time makes me just head back to photoshop.

What kind of work are you doing? Perhaps Designer would be the better choice for you. Or perhaps you need both.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

It would add value in AP.  Occasionally, I would appreciate the ability to add curve text to a photo retouch, adding a special message or curve school name to logo, etc.

Cecil - North Carolina

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB. iPad Pro 10.5.

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection