You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 4 years later...
On 11/24/2014 at 3:18 AM, TonyB said:

The files are pixelated because you applied a raster outline Layer Effect. If you replace the raster layer effect with a vector stroke using the stroke panel then everything should be fine.

Hi

Old topic - but this is what the printer has said is probably the issue.  One exported file is fine (logo is vectored) the other with the only change being colour no vector - but it was the same original file.

Can you please explain how to do this? I can not find a tutorial or explanation as to how to now fix it. 

Thank you!

30 minutes ago, Renée said:

Hi

Old topic - but this is what the printer has said is probably the issue.  One exported file is fine (logo is vectored) the other with the only change being colour no vector - but it was the same original file.

Can you please explain how to do this? I can not find a tutorial or explanation as to how to now fix it. 

Thank you!

I can't see how changing colour could rasterise a vector unless the colour change was a layer filter or fx, so how did you change the colour?

Got any example files?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

17 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

I can't see how changing colour could rasterise a vector unless the colour change was a layer filter or fx, so how did you change the colour?

Got any example files?

Thanks for that - ya I wouldn't have thought it was an issue either.  I manually changed each image to the new colour.  I didn't see how else one can do that - as within Illustrator you have that option to do pick a colour and change it - all at once.   

One is in the original file in 'outline view mode' the other is the pdf in the outline view mode.  

Was that what you where looking to see?

PDF version

Tulsi - outline - AD.png

Original file 

Tulsi-outline mode.png

Hi,

Why didn't you use global colours from the begining? This way, you could modify later the colours. (But there's a bug in .424: sometimes, the Global colour isn't selected in the Colours panel, but if you look at the Apparence panel, and display the Swatches, the right Global colour is selected).

With global colours, when you right-click on one and modify the colour, all the elements using it will be modified and use the new colour.

Some elements that can be rasterized in your drawing:

• if you used a brush insted of drawing one by one the white leaves
  • if there's fx (drop shadow, blur, etc. on the shape around "Darsana")
  • if there's transparency on the big leaves…

Instead if transparency, try to use gradients with a lighter shade of the same colour. Problem: you'll have to add extra form when leaves are overlapping to simulate darker colours.

Here an example files to show the points to correct:

1660120009_ReColouringimage.afdesign

1660120009_ReColouringimage3.eps

The Global colours:

2019-07-16_000103.thumb.png.8476152073d7868c44aa13f44d971a4d.png2019-07-16_000118.png.00593cc3bfcabd8d86f78846592ddd8b.png

PS. I exported to EPS since you talked  about Illustrator, but it can depend of your PDF settings too, if parts are rasterized.

Edited by Wosven
Added comment.

Hi there

Thanks for your reply.  

Were you at all able to get Vectored images when you exported it?

IF so - what settings did you use?  I can't seem to get it to export without it rasterizing something.  

I have since now only been able to fix the logo - removing the 'passthrough' fixed that ok.  

But removing the passthrough and setting it to 'normal' did not fix the leaf images.  

The weird thing is that in May when I sent the same set to the printer exporting in .pdf - there was no problem with them.  

PDF 2017 - not a problem - is this then an Affinity issue?

PDF - 2017 .png