You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export size wrong the first time a doc is exported

When exporting a document in the export persona the manually entered size (e.g. 1200w) is not accepted. The document in the first place is exported with the original dimensions. Repeating the step a second time (without changeing anything in between) exports the document correctly as entered in the edit field.

Cheers, Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

• Staff

Make sure the changes in the text box have been committed.  If you still see a text cursor, you need to click away or hit enter to commit the change.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Typical problem with UpdateSourceTrigger = PropertyChanged. We have similar scenarios in our tool, there we force an explicit binding source update on the focused element before the relevant commands are executed, to not make the user think.

So I checked again and by the looks of it the problem was related to not confirming the edit-field properly as Ben mentioned. Interestingly enough the edit field gets dark gray (in comparison to a lighter edit field while the data is entered) and I had the impression that my values were accepted when pressing the export button ... this is quite irritating. Of course "formally" it would be correct to first properly confirm the entered values with the ENTER key but in terms of workflow I would expect the edit field beeing evaluated when pressing the export button - as Asser82 mentioned. (maybe shift this to the "feature request" section). These are just the tiny hooks that really drive you crazy until you've figured out what has gone wrong (again WORKFLOW!). It would be really appreciated if Serif would focus a little more on theses "every day issues" that can not be considere as a real "bug" but keeps you long distance away from professional workflow.

Thanks for your answeres!

Timo

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2

Hi Sean, I entered the data in the field you show in the picture. Clicking the export icon on the right of the edit-field without pressing ENTER does export the original dimensions of the document instead of "1200w" as shown in  your picture.

This effect is reproducable.

• Staff

Hi Sean, I entered the data in the field you show in the picture. Clicking the export icon on the right of the edit-field without pressing ENTER does export the original dimensions of the document instead of "1200w" as shown in  your picture.

This effect is reproducable.

Ahh yes! Reproduced now - I'll get it logged. Strangely it will export correctly if you use Export Selected button, but not if you use the button on the right!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.