You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Don't look if you like cats

carl123

Far too many cats in this forum lately

One less won't make much of a difference but it's a start

post-17958-0-23536500-1484329606_thumb.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi Carl;

I like this, the premise and the execution. A couple of things I would have done differently, the shadow I would make a lot less dense and also I would erase small multiple  bites around the edge to break up the outline as it would be seen on the oat field. Another technical issue is a mature field of oats would completely hide the cat, but this is artistic license on your part and the only option you had. The "cat" looks very much like an ocelot to me, is that correct?

Nice to see your work, more please.  :)

Carl - 

Thanks for sharing your work. I will have to try my hand at something similar and let you scrutinize it, whenever I find time.

I would leave the shadow in but agree with Aeros4 on how to adjust it.

But I don't think that's an ocelot, might be what they call a Savannah Cat, can't think of the other kind of cat that some people have as pets now, that also have the strong markings like that.

Hi Carl;

I like this, the premise and the execution. A couple of things I would have done differently, the shadow I would make a lot less dense and also I would erase small multiple  bites around the edge to break up the outline as it would be seen on the oat field. Another technical issue is a mature field of oats would completely hide the cat, but this is artistic license on your part and the only option you had. The "cat" looks very much like an ocelot to me, is that correct?

Nice to see your work, more please.  :)

Not an Ocelot, original cat picture is attached.

True, the corn field would normally hide the cat but then the picture would make no sense.  Proved quite difficult to get the cat to "blend" into the picture.

Agreed the shadow is not technically correct but needed to add something to make the eagle more menacing.  The first time the cat will realise something is not quite right is when everything goes dark as the eagle's shadow passes over him, by which time it will be too late.

Note: Stuff I post on here should be considered as fun stuff or fun art, All done in under an hour and all done solely in AP/AD to "showcase" what Affinity software can do.

Unfortunately in my paid work I don't get time to play with images like I would like to.

But thanks for all comments as I may use them in future work.

post-17958-0-02811700-1484366531_thumb.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.