You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When does Photo get text on a path(curve)?

Regarding Pixel based images / photo editing - I use the industry standard :)

I practically never create vector images, so that part is irrelevant for me personally.

With regards to system memory, I have never had an issue, even with documents containing 100 + layers (thankfully).

Thanks.

High-End Photographic Prints

It seems a little odd to have all those vector tools in APh and also text tools yet have a mental blockage against letting them work together!!  If APh is purely for working with pixel editing photos, why are the vector tools there? So if you are going to keep vector tools and  text, wouldn't it be logical to let them work together? 

Jim

http:/js-ca.net

I practically never create vector images, so that part is irrelevant for me personally.

If you have five minutes to spare, check out the Affinity Designer - Shapes video tutorial. Maybe you rarely if ever need to create those kinds of shapes, but if you even occasionally do, imagine how much harder & more time consuming that would be if you had to create (or edit!) them with pixel-based tools.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Ostonica,

This is what I find so confusing!

MEB wrote:

Affinity Photo is a RAW developer/photo editing app. Its main purpose it's to deal with photographic images, being them panoramas, photo compositing, HDR, whatever... but It's not intended to be used for design where text on a path makes more sense (for logos, crests whatever).

If this is the case, why are there "Shape Tools" and a "Text Tool" in AP???

They must be there for "Design" purposes - therefore being able to put that "designed text" onto a curve makes perfect sense.

However, it's pointless to push this issue, and just accept that it is not going to happen. I just think a clearer distinction between the two apps would be a good idea.

R C-R,

I totally agree - for vectors, AD seems a fantastic app.

My issue isn't with AD or vectors - it's simply why some "Design" features are in AP, but then told text-on-a-curve isn't in AP because it's a design feature????

High-End Photographic Prints

My issue isn't with AD or vectors - it's simply why some "Design" features are in AP, but then told text-on-a-curve isn't in AP because it's a design feature????

I think we should just be grateful that there are some features which are common to both apps. We're all going to disagree on just how much overlap there should be; I was disappointed, for example, to learn that linked text frames will probably not find their way from Affinity Publisher to Affinity Designer.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)