You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Distort/Warp tool

Hello guys.

Designer is lacking big time a Distort and Warp (for text) tools. When are we going to get it? It's a very important feature.
The feature is already present in Photo, but it rasters the layer. No good.

This has been asked many times, I hope for the next Designer important update we have it already. Merry Christmas!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I hope I'm in the right place to make this post. I would also like a skew & distort tool like in Fireworks. I tried to make the perspective text house logo attached to this(my reply) post with the triangle grid in Affinity Designer but it got a bit hard to snap round curves etc. But achieved it in Fireworks in a couple of minutes.

Is the Mesh/Warp tool MEB is talking about what I am after? So it keeps things as vectors or editable text. I would use Affinity-D more if it had these tools. How long till these tools will be available?

Good product though, just lacking a bit of important stuff that you really need. Then you could use it all the time as your # 1 vector creator.

Cheers  :)

post-47355-0-64529300-1483610180_thumb.jpg

Motto - STUPID HURTS!

• Staff

Hi Ivar,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There's already a (raster based) Perspective Tool and Mesh Warp Tool in Affinity Photo (see screenshot below). There also a Live Perspective Filer available (menu Layer ▸ New Live Filter Layer ▸ Perspective Filter).

post-59-0-42529200-1483710804_thumb.png

Hi Timespider,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can already skew objects in Designer. Move the mouse cursor to the centre handles of the object's bounding box coming from outside using the Move Tool. The cursor icon should change to two opposite arrows then click and drag to skew the object. Regarding distortions in Designer, the Mesh Warp Tool i'm referring to is not the same as the Perspective distortion you are showing in your screenshot. The Mesh Warp Tool distorts objects "organically/freely" dragging reference nodes from a grid over the object. The Perspective Tool uses vanishing points to distort the object as depicted in your screenshot (the "Distort" text). There's no eta for any specific features, sorry. They will be implemented/added as soon as they are ready.