You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

shortcuts that do not work

Following keyboard shortcuts do not work (German keyboard layout):

Extend selection (SHIFT key)
Standard colours - black and white (D)
Hide selection (CTRL + H)
Filter repeat (CTRL + F) instead: ALT + F
Merge with level below (CTRL + E)

Hide selection is Ctrl-D per default like in PS so that worked naturally for me. 

Ctrl-F ist not set at all per default, Alt-F opens the window-menu "_f_enster" - after defining Ctrl-F for "repeat last filter" it works - nice one :)

Ctrl-E is initially set and works for me

Extend selection with Shift works for me

"D" seems to have not effect and I can't figure out where to find the function you mention in ordner to define a shortcut like that.... 

What I found: 

I had to remap "bring to front" etc. because it uses square brackets - those are on AltGr on the german keyboard thus making combinations with another 2 keys impossible. Instead I used "ä" for down and "ö" for up instead of the ] [ 

Ah, did not know that one... But that also means I never needed it ;) 

Now I get the thread by the way - I thought this was about shortcuts that are supposed to be set as default in AP but do not work.

It seems to be about PS shortcuts AP does not have (yet) though.  

Anyway except D and Ctrl-H they all do work for me in AP :) 

Hide selection is Ctrl-D per default like in PS so that worked naturally for me. 

Ctrl-F ist not set at all per default, Alt-F opens the window-menu "_f_enster" - after defining Ctrl-F for "repeat last filter" it works - nice one :)

Ctrl-E is initially set and works for me

Extend selection with Shift works for me

"D" seems to have not effect and I can't figure out where to find the function you mention in ordner to define a shortcut like that.... 

What I found: 

I had to remap "bring to front" etc. because it uses square brackets - those are on AltGr on the german keyboard thus making combinations with another 2 keys impossible. Instead I used "ä" for down and "ö" for up instead of the ] [ 

I've reset the keyboard shortcut. It is unchanged: at my work the above keyboard shortcuts do not work (Windows 7 / German keyboard layout).

VOOM, how you doing exactly with the extend of selection? ALT for subtract a selection works. But the SHIFT for adding not.

Again, Following shortcuts do not work for me:

Extend selection (SHIFT key)

Standard colours - black and white (D)

Hide selection (CTRL + H)

Filter repeat (CTRL + F) instead: ALT + F

Merge with level below (CTRL + E)

Hi Michail just to go through your shortcut list

Extend selection (SHIFT key) - Adding to selection is hold right mouse button then draw out the selection with the left mouse button
Standard colours - black and white (D) - Reset fill to black and white is an unassigned option in the keyboard shortcuts, so needs a shortcut to be assigned to it in order to work
Hide selection (CTRL + H) - We don't have a hide selection function in the app so there is no shortcut for this
Filter repeat (CTRL + F) instead: ALT + F - It is intentionally Alt+F which does seem to work
Merge with level below (CTRL + E) - This shortcut does seem to merge to the layer below fine for me

Obviously if you are not happy with some of these shortcut combinations you are able to personalise them for yourself

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Michail just to go through your shortcut list

Extend selection (SHIFT key) - Adding to selection is hold right mouse button then draw out the selection with the left mouse button

Standard colours - black and white (D) - Reset fill to black and white is an unassigned option in the keyboard shortcuts, so needs a shortcut to be assigned to it in order to work

Hide selection (CTRL + H) - We don't have a hide selection function in the app so there is no shortcut for this

Filter repeat (CTRL + F) instead: ALT + F - It is intentionally Alt+F which does seem to work

Merge with level below (CTRL + E) - This shortcut does seem to merge to the layer below fine for me

Obviously if you are not happy with some of these shortcut combinations you are able to personalise them for yourself

Thank you, Chris!

Extend selection (SHIFT key):

This is very very cumbersome!!! The simultaneous use of two mouse buttons should be the absolute exception. When you drag a selection, you have no sensitivity to control the mouse. In addition, I must also ensure which mouse button I first let go. I must press also two mouse buttons for changing the brush size. This is not suitable for use in professional practice. Please reconsider this again.

Standard colours - black and white (D):

The shortcut [D] is associated with the command "Reset filling context". I don't know what that means. But that's why I can not assign the button [D].

Hide selection (CTRL + H):

In the view menu, there is the function "Show Pixel selection". But without default shortcut.

Filter repeat (CTRL + F) instead: ALT + F:

OK.

Merge with level below (CTRL + E):

The shortcut CTRL + E doesn't work for me definitely.

U p d a t e :  It works after I've finished a background program.

About extending the selection: I use a Wacom Pen. I just press SHIFT and draw my selection to add to the current selection. In general there are many different scenarios though. e.g. when pressing SHIFT and starting from within the selection, it moves the selection. If starting outside going in it adds to the selection. Sometimes I don't even need to press SHIFT to add to selection. When it comes to selections: what does what with which shortcut or mousebutton oder modifier key in which scenario is almost completely unclear to me. ;) 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.