You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Multiple Corners with the Corner Tool

Hi,

Could someone please tell me if it's possible to round off 2 corners of a rectangle simultaneously, as opposed to having to do them both separately.

I know there is a "Radius" input field in which I could enter the amounts each time, but I was hoping maybe there was a way to select multiple corners, and then drag to resize them all simultaneously?

The rounded rectangle is unsuitable, as that seems to only allow all 4 corners of a rectangle to be rounded off, and I would like to round off just the top 2 points (equally).

Thank you all in advance.

High-End Photographic Prints

Instead of using the Corner Tool, clear the 'Single radius' checkbox on the Context toolbar, set the TL and TR corner types to 'Rounded' and then set the percentages to the same value.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks Alfred.

Unfortunately that involves even more steps required to round off 2 points of a rectangle simultaneously.

I wanted to speed up my workflow by hopefully being able to select just the top 2 points, then drag inwards to round off both of them simultaneously :(

Thank you for the information though, it is much appreciated :)

I'm afraid I can't see a way to adjust two or three corners at a time. I suppose it would be marginally quicker to adjust all four corners using the 'Single radius' setting, and then square off the bottom two corners.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I must have tried every key combo (apart from that one) !

Cmd-click;   Alt-click;   Ctrl-click;  Cmd-Alt-click   etc. etc. etc. :) :)

Thank you Dave - very much appreciated!!

Adding slightly to what Dave said, this works for any vector object with sharp nodes, not just rectangles, & even when selecting sharp nodes in more than one object at a time.

For the parametric shapes with sharp nodes (like the square star, triangle, trapezoid, & so on) the shapes will be converted to curves, so you lose the ability to make parametric adjustments, but until you "bake" the corners you can still use the Corner tool to return to sharp nodes.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7