Christian Schl

Urgent: Please help: Can't install Affinity Designer for Windows

Hi everybody,

I just purchased the Windows Version of Affinity Designer after really loving to work with the Beta Version.

I now do have the problem that the installation fails.

The note that I receive when I type in my e-mail address and the product key says that it is rather an invalid e-mail address or a wrong product key.

I doublechecked both and they are correct yet the installation still fails.

What can I do?

I need to work with the program on a current project.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Check for capitol letters ... ;)

No, seriously though, I bet they can be helpful -it's Sunday, though- if you write to support.

Been there too many times -a project/gig urging- so, a bit of help here:

I'd bet is writing specifically to this address, but could be wrong :

affinityorders@serif.com

And a lot of support info :

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/29162-affinity-store-account-creation-and-orderlicense-queries/

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

Thanks a lot, Advanced Member! :-)

I also contacted the affinity staff on facebook and in the meantime my problem could indeed be solved!

On a sunday and I was able to finish my project on time.

Such a funny thing that fate always seems to strike in the most stressfull moments.

Thanks again! I can now work with affinity designer - and I love it! Great software! :-)

Nice! (actually, the advanced thing is automatic from the forum for the 283 posts, more than me being any advanced ;D) Cheers, glad that the project could be finished.  :) 

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

I knew that the member title automatically changed from "Newbie" to "Advanced Member" after some number of posts but not what that number was.

More recently, I discovered we can change it in My Settings > Profile Settings available from the user display name popup menu at the top of the page.

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 & Affinity Designer 1.6..4.45 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.1.1

Interesting...yet though, I meant after a number of posts...Not really knowing which number it is... ;)

I knew that the member title automatically changed from "Newbie" to "Advanced Member" after some number of posts but not what that number was.

I think it's less than 100: probably 50.

More recently, I discovered we can change it in My Settings > Profile Settings available from the user display name popup menu at the top of the page.

I noticed that. I thought "User Drone" was a rather curious choice!

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

I thought "User Drone" was a rather curious choice!

I am a rather curious person.

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 & Affinity Designer 1.6..4.45 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.1.1

I am a rather curious person.

So am I, in more senses than one! :D

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)