You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×
Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

Can't download 1.5 from the APP Store

I just got a mail inviting me to download 1.5 from the App Store. When I go to the App Store it doesn't offer me a download. The text is for 1.5 with a what's new section etc., but the button simply says Open. When I click it simply opens my existing 1.4.3.

Any suggestions?

• Staff

Hi DavidMac,

Try going to the Updates section of the Mac App Store (at the top), as long as you are logged in it should be listed here. If not, just wait awhile for the App Store to update.

Regards

L

Hi DavidMac,

Have you tried to log-out and log-in again from the Mac App Store?

If that doesn't work, drag Affinity Designer from the Applications folder to the trash and empty it then install it again from the App Store app.

Hi DavidMac,

Try going to the Updates section of the Mac App Store (at the top), as long as you are logged in it should be listed here. If not, just wait awhile for the App Store to update.

Regards

L

Hmmm ...... Logged in and logged out. Went to updates which still showed my last 1.4.3 update and said No Updates Available. Affinity download still showed the Open button.

So then I removed my present version as suggested and visited the store again. This time 1.5 downloaded and installed fine. Interestingly, however, the update page still shows No Updates Available (which is now correct) but still shows 1.4.3 as my last update. I'll check tomorrow see if it's changed.

Thank you both for getting me there. Now it's time to play ....... and check out the new toys!  :)

David Mac

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody.

I too can't download the Affinity Photo new version.

I have the 1.4.3 version but in my App Store update section I can't find it... just "no updates available"

If I try to search for the new version, well I find it but I have to pay for the download...

Many thanks for your suggestions

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.