You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta - 1.5.0.21 (Windows)

Bonjour,

J'ai eu le même problème avec .NET Framework 4.6.2, son installation s'est bloquée vers le milieu et n'a plus bougé.

J'ai attendu un peu et j'ai redémarré l'ordinateur, l'installation d'AD s'est terminée rapidement.

.NET Framework 4.6.2 (mise à jour Windows KB3151900) est correctement installé.

J'ai aussi Windows 10 64 bits.

Hello,

I had the same problem with the .NET Framework 4.6.2, the installation was blocked by the middle and did not move.

I waited a bit and I restarted the computer, installing AD ended quickly.

.NET Framework 4.6.2 (Windows update KB3151900) is installed correctly.

I also Windows 10 64-bit.

Correct, .NET Framework 4.6.2  was installed as part of the Beta install. I have rebooted twice. After receiving the notification about Aero not being enabled and I click OK, the Logo disappears and Affinity is no longer running. Like I indicated previously, v1.5.0.2 ran fine but no longer works because the beta ended. I installed this new version 1.5.0.21 and I cannot even get this to run properly. Please note, I am NOT on Windows 10, but Windows 7 x64 edition.

Mark,

Are you sure about that? As I previously stated I did not use or enable Aero and the first Beta release worked fine. The screenshot shows this and it does not say that the BETA will not work if I have Aero disabled. Having Aero enabled is a waste of system resources in my opinion.   So, I have temporarily enabled Aero, started the Affinity Beta and after 3 min it started.  I then minimized the Affinity Beta and changed to my default non Aero theme. 

Please tell me why Aero needs to be On in this revision of the Beta? Affinity seems to be working fine with Aero turned off. Like the message says:  Windows Aero is not enabled. This will cause rendering problems and slow performance. Please select an Aero desktop theme for best results.

It does not say anything about having Aero on in order to run the Beta.

By disabling Aero, you disable Desktop Window Composition, which reverts to an alternative display driver (effectively rendering your GPU pointless - unless you are running full screen applications, such as games).

The beta is for us to discover bugs and performance problems in the product before release, but we know that disabling DWM (i.e. Aero) causes bugs and performance problems (that are out of our hands), so we really don't want to spend our time trying to investigate problems when it turns out it's due to this alternative display driver.

The original beta didn't require Aero because I didn't put the check in until later (after we discovered these problems).

My pen tool tool seems to be acting funky.

I cant click to add new points along an object, nor remove points either.  I see the little Plus and Minus icon next to the pen tool when i hover over the points, but when i click nothing happens.

I also can't extend the end of a path either.

earlier versions worked ok.

I have an issue.

I've got document with artboards. In one artboard I have a few artistic text and most of them have half-transparent colour. When I try to export it without background or with document's transparent background selected, only non-transparent text exports (rest is not visible). This also happens when I set layer transparency instead of transparent colour.

When I try to export it with non-transparent background I get lightly red background instead of white (all texts are red). I export it to 8-bit png.

Thanks, guys!

The font issues being settled will really help me out! You are doing a really great job with the updates and how we can give you feedback. I fully intend to use Affinity Designer as my go-to vector tool even more so when you launch the full Windows version.  B)

I cant click to add new points along an object, nor remove points either.  I see the little Plus and Minus icon next to the pen tool when i hover over the points, but when i click nothing happens.

That's strange. I am able to add points with the pen tool, but I see that they cannot be removed with the pen tool unlike as indicated with the minus icon. It takes another step; pressing the Delete key. In the case of adding points, take out the node tool. You can add and delete points with that one as well. (You can hold Ctrl to have the node tool temporarily.)

I also can't extend the end of a path either.

earlier versions worked ok.

Are you doing this with the pen tool as well? Because I'm able to do this fine. Are you clicking on the end point before attempting to extend the line?

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!