You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Update no good :( No Text.

I think she has the same problem as me.

I usually add text by just clicking on anywhere for accurate placing and text size, but the new beta version have to drag to add text and maybe she doesn't know about this way.

For me it seem like a bug, I think Text Tool, Pen Tool, Brush Tool.. would be same behaviour that just click to reach the functions like the store version.

There was a bug in 1.5.0 beta 11 with creating Art text (by any means) over a pixel layer. That is fixed in beta 12.

You can now create Art text with a precise text size by dragging, because the drag snaps to the default size. The default size is the same size that clicking would produce, and changes to the last size you set. For example, if you drag one piece of Art text to be 67.5pt, and then drag for a second one, it will snap to 67.5pt, so you can create several text objects at the same arbitrary size. You can also put an exact size in the text context toolbar, eg 64pt, and then drag and it will snap to 64pt. This currently happens even if snapping is turned off.

The click-to-create idiom is evolving. The Art text tool is the only tool that does that, which is inconsistent and has also caused problems with people trying to get out of text entry mode by clicking and not being able to. So I have been trying to make it less eager to create on click. In 1.4.2 it only does that if there was no text selection; currently it only does it if there is no selection at all, which I felt was more predictable. Whether clicking will select non-text objects in 1.4.2 is quite erratic. Currently it always works if there is no text overlapping it, which does interfere with click-to-create.

I am considering dropping the click-to-create idiom entirely, so all text is created by dragging, all the creation tools are consistent, and clicking with them always selects. I am hoping the drag-snaps-to-default-size thing described above will make that feasible.

We've discussed this in the office, and have decided to keep the click-to-create for Art text. In the next beta the behaviour should be more similar to 1.4.2. Together with the new behaviour of the text tools tunnelling into groups and under overlapping objects, this should make working with text easier (and working with non-text harder).

Sorry I havent been back on! Busy busy.. I did know exactly how to use txt and that I didn't just click anywhere. I was also trying to do it over an image. I use txt on everything I have been making and I LOVE that I can drag it to be what size I want. I had updated to 1.5.0.14 and all of a sudden it didn't work at all.. I would click on the button and pick Art Text and go to drag out and nothing.. tried clicking since it WAS a new beta version that messed mine up and thought maybe it had been changed.. nothing.. BUT I updated today to 1.5.0.15 and everything works again!  Yay! :) SO I don't know what the problem was but obviously it has been fixed.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.