You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.5 - Beta 3)

Other issue I have is that switching from Lightroom 6 to Affinity Photo Beta with PSD as base format and back - it slows down Lightroom to dead. Doing the same flow with CS6 works fine. But dont know how to help to improve this… source files are quite big (D800), PSD files seems to be working just fine, but Lightroom has problem with that somehow.

Other issue I have is that switching from Lightroom 6 to Affinity Photo Beta with PSD as base format and back - it slows down Lightroom to dead. Doing the same flow with CS6 works fine. But dont know how to help to improve this… source files are quite big (D800), PSD files seems to be working just fine, but Lightroom has problem with that somehow.

If I try to open a PSD in AP beta via LR the  AP 1.4.2 tries to open but I get a bouncing icon and nothing else. The beta stays resolutely closed. I'm using Sierra beta 6.

- Fixed multiple issues with Dodge / Burn tools.

Unfortunately it still does not seem to be right - see a comparison of "dodge highlights" and "burn shadows" in AP (1.5 beta 4)  vs. PS, applying one single brush stroke of each to a black-white gradient fill.

AP has maximum effectiveness in the midtones for both dodge and burn, whereas PS mostly affects the highlights and shadows - which is what I would expect.

Anyway, thanks for the update and the numerous improvements, especially the sticky settings!

post-16000-0-31083800-1472306838_thumb.jpgpost-16000-0-47277700-1472306840_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately it still does not seem to be right - see a comparison of "dodge highlights" and "burn shadows" in AP (1.5 beta 4)  vs. PS, applying one single brush stroke of each to a black-white gradient fill.

AP has maximum effectiveness in the midtones for both dodge and burn, whereas PS mostly affects the highlights and shadows - which is what I would expect.

Anyway, thanks for the update and the numerous improvements, especially the sticky settings!

attachicon.gifDodge-Burn-AP.jpgattachicon.gifDodge-Burn-PS.jpg

you have to select the tonal range in the top toolbar (shadow, midtones, highlight) 

you have to select the tonal range in the top toolbar (shadow, midtones, highlight) 

Well that's what I did. The top stroke in the samples is dodging with "highlights" selected, and the bottom one is burning with "shadows" selected.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.