You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Differences between swatches studio and the color popup on the toolbar

I realize that there are quite some differences in functionality between the swatches studio and the color popup from the toolbar.

E.g. there is no right click menu for a swatch in the popup in the toolbar. Thus it is not possible to delete a color, nor to create a color chord.

Is this on purpous or still a lack in development?

Thanks.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Do you mean you cannot right click, add, or delete swatches in the Swatches tab? I did some testing for myself, and it works fine for me. Make sure you actually right click on a swatch (not just empty space) to rename or delete it. If you want to add one, click on that first palette icon to add your selected fill to the palette. There is also a flyout menu for additional options.

Oh and I realize there is no right click menu for "recenlyt used" swatches; just in case those are what you were clicking on.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Do you mean you cannot right click, add, or delete swatches in the Swatches tab?

Right, this doesn't work here.

How can we this get narrowed down?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

I see what you two are saying now. You can edit the swatches on the studio, but you can't with the same palette on the context toolbar. That's odd. I don't know what to say. I guess you'll have to use the studio for the editing and then the context toolbar for selecting. Sorry, I know that's not very helpful.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hello all

This is by design. The fly out is not intended to have the right click functionality, as it is only design to quickly select your swatches rather than have all the options to manipulate them. Hence when we have a separate studio panel which is more feature rich including the right click and other menus.

This is the same behaviour on the Mac side also but if you feel this functionality should be added, then feel free to create a thread in our Feature Requests section of the forum

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hello all

This is by design. 

Hi Chris,

thanks for clearing this. I personally do not need this as long as I know that it is not a bug :-)

d.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.