You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

Firstly, the SVG support is excellent, far better than Illustrator CS6 which changes the SVG slightly, so kudos on that! 

However when exporting to eps, or png, I am forced to change the name slightly, otherwise it decides it'll just overwrite the SVG...as an SVG - rather than the file type I selected.

The SVG in question is found on this link, if you'd like to test the exact file https://pixabay.com/en/orange-citrus-sliced-fruit-juicy-42395/

This isn't necessarily a bug, but it's an annoyance and it would be awesome if it could be fixed.

The only bug I've had so far is the program crashing when trying to pick a font, but that's already been added to the list.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

I still seem to have this issue, after the update. Screenshots are attached.

I noticed someone else has a similar error to me, however in my case it doesn't even give a file name - although this may be my personal settings, I'm not sure.

I did try and save over the SVG to see if it would create the EPS and JPEG but it didn't. I then had a separate error which caused the program to crash and then actually corrupted the SVG!

Obviously this isn't the biggest bug you've had to deal with, but it'd be nice to get it fixed in the next update. 

Thanks
Tim

post-32026-0-69039100-1468419582_thumb.jpg

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

in my case it doesn't even give a file name - although this may be my personal settings, I'm not sure.

Thanks

Tim

Yes, it's down to preferences in Windows 10. Open Control Panel, then File Explorer Options. Open the View tab then uncheck 'Hide extensions for known file types' and you will be able to choose your export file type.

post-28493-0-39517700-1468421836_thumb.png

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

• Staff

The issue I logged for this is still unresolved so there won't have been any changes relating to it (unless coincidental).

As Ken has highlighted, you get no extension because you have it set to hide file extension. If you set it to display extensions it will try to export incorrect filetypes, so either way involves a slight workaround until we get this issue resolved.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Tim

When a beta is released the major fixes are listed in the corresponding release thread (usually pinned to the top of this section). You can use this to help track when a fix is supposed to have been implemented in a build.

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Yes, it's down to preferences in Windows 10. Open Control Panel, then File Explorer Options. Open the View tab then uncheck 'Hide extensions for known file types' and you will be able to choose your export file type.

attachicon.gif2016-07-13_155640.png

Cheers, I thought I had done this a while ago but clearly not! 

Hi Tim

When a beta is released the major fixes are listed in the corresponding release thread (usually pinned to the top of this section). You can use this to help track when a fix is supposed to have been implemented in a build.

Cheers

I did check the list, but it didn't appear in known bugs so I wasn't sure whether it was supposed to have been fixed and just missed off the list or under a different title.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Windows Affinity Designer Beta 1.5.0.7

Dialogue label issue when exporting as SVG.

Steps to recreate:

1. Select File>Export.
  2. Select SVG.
  3. Select Preset>SVG (flatten).
  4. The text label "Document will be rasterised" appears next to the Raster DPI input.
  5. Select any of the first three Preset options.
  6. The text label from step 4 persists.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.