You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some Quick Queries

My first experience is positive.  Delighted that when I place an image on a page it sizes it to the default page resolution. GUI looks intuitive.

Just 2 quick queries.

1. Can I create multipage documents / books.

2. When I place an image on a page, can i also have the Title and Caption metadata also placed on the page (this is an InDesign feature) critical for documents such as books or magazines.

Delighted to see this product arrive.

Regards,

Matt O'Brien,

Dublin, Ireland.

Hi Gnits

1. Yes you can have multi page documents. This is achieved by using the artboards feature. You can learn more about artboards here. If you export them to PDF they should create a multi page PDF document.

2. No this is not currently something that we do. This may be a feature that is more suiting to the upcoming Publisher app so it may be worth creating a thread i the feature requests section

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thanks for the quick response.  Your answer then leads to the following.

1. Is a mail merge type option possible (ie for images and text).  

2. Are styles supported for Text so that I have predefined styles for say Title, Normal, Paragraph Heading, etc.

3. I would appreciate a url link to the Publisher forum.

Most of my effort will involve placing images on a page, with a preformatted / styled Title and under that a Paragraph of text.

Thanks.

Ok. My view of the target audience for this app was wrong. I assumed be caused it was called Affinity Designer that it was targeted at an Adobe InDesign audience. It looks to me that it is really geared for an Illustrator audience.

My primary need is for InDesign functionality. I will explore this product at the next opportunity I need vector art. In particular, I am really interested to see how easy it might be to link different vector objects, something which Illustrator and Adobe do a terrible job of.

Great to see Affinity making progress and looking forward to Affinity Publisher on Windows before too long.

Yes, I agree, I thought this was something different, more like Photoshop, but hey, I already have photoshop and I haven't had Illustrator since a job I left when I had my first kid in 1991. So I'm happy to learn this while waiting for the Windows version of Affinity Photo -- is there any timeline for when the Affinity Photo for Windows beta will be available??? I can't wait.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.