You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×
Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

Affinity Suite: Problem recognising QR codes created by the suite

Hello everyone,

I've had a problem with the new QR code generation function in the Affinity Suite. Some of the QR codes generated are not recognised by the phones (Camera application). The same codes created with other tools (for example, q-r-code.fr) work perfectly.

I would be happy to provide you with the file in question privately to help you analyse and resolve this problem.

Thank you for your attention and your invaluable help.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

Hi @MEB,

It's been sent. I've included the Affinity version and the q-r-code.fr version for comparison. If you copy the URL, note that they are not numbers 0, but letters O and o.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

• Staff

Hi Pyanepsion,

I don't believe this is actually a bug.

The code (the one in the bottom left) does scan for me without an issue using the camera app on an iPhone 15. However you have inverted the colours of the QR code (i.e the fill is white instead of black and then placed on a dark background). I would switch the colours around (change the fill to black and place a white rectangle behind it) and then try scanning again.