You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Which “presets”, which “categories”, and what do you mean by “move”?

If you can give us a specific example of what you are trying to do then someone might be able to help.

13 minutes ago, GarryP said:

If you can give us a specific example of what you are trying to do then someone might be able to help.

I added some crop measurements, immediately above the category I want to put them in. If you would like me to send you a screenshot, let me know

13 minutes ago, GarryP said:

If you are using the Crop Tool of Photo, you can click the ‘Cog’ button on the Context Toolbar to see the Presets pop-up.

In that pop-up there is a ‘hamburger’ menu button (three little horizontal lines) at the top-right.

Press it and choose the “Manage Presets…” option.

You should then be able to drag your presets around between the Categories, and do other things.

17 hours ago, GarryP said:

You should then be able to drag your presets around between the Categories, and do other things.

Weirdly, I can drag any of the built-in (& not removable) Resample presets into different Resample categories, for instance moving one of the "Photographic paper @300 ppi" ones into the "ISO paper sizes (@300 ppi)" category to get something like this:

croppresets.jpg.b78fc0d80bb1e2a3d52d0d43284744de.jpg

Anybody else seeing the same thing? That seems like a bug or at least a potential source of confusion. 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

4 hours ago, R C-R said:

Anybody else seeing the same thing?

Yes, I’m seeing the same behaviour in V2.4.2 on Windows 10.

I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but it's not something I would have expected.

• Staff
10 hours ago, R C-R said:

Weirdly, I can drag any of the built-in (& not removable) Resample presets into different Resample categories, for instance moving one of the "Photographic paper @300 ppi" ones into the "ISO paper sizes (@300 ppi)" category to get something like this:

croppresets.jpg.b78fc0d80bb1e2a3d52d0d43284744de.jpg

Anybody else seeing the same thing? That seems like a bug or at least a potential source of confusion. 

As confirmed by Garry above I'm able to replicate this on Windows and although I understand the user having control of the order of the preset categories, or the order of the crop preset within the category itself, I wouldn't expect these presets to be move-able between categories, therefore I'm getting this logged with our development team now.

I'm also raising the fact that the Crop Preset Manager shows an empty, non-removable or renamable category at the top of the preset category list, which I do not believe should be included shown by default (see below)- 

image.png

I hope this helps :) 

7 minutes ago, Dan C said:

I'm also raising the fact that the Crop Preset Manager shows an empty, non-removable or renamable category at the top of the preset category list, which I do not believe should be included- 

Isn't that the default location for user created presets that you don't assign to a category, when creating them?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

8 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Isn't that the default location for user created presets that you don't assign to a category, when creating them?

Yes, it is. 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
10 minutes ago, carl123 said:

That's correct, but I would personally expect the app to 'hide' this category when not in use - as an empty, non-user controllable category at the top of the list can be off-putting at best and confusing for the user at worst.

If you then add a new preset using the '<None>' category option, the unnamed preset category should be shown, with the users preset inside.

This is technically By Design within the Preset Manager at this time, so I'll be logging this as a suggestion for our dev team instead :)

I've also updated the above post to be a little clearer in this regard - thanks!