You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Watermarks

MikeMcE

Always used a simple homade brush for watermarking. Well thats a waste of time, but did work for me. 

I watched a simple tutorial on other methods, and discovered what I needed was the Pattern tool. Fought with layers and when I rasterized. 

well it really wasn't that bad here's a sample over one of my flowers.

I've switched over to Flickr from Photobucket.

TheBird

Edited by MikeMcE
Used Flicker to post

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Mike. :)

1 hour ago, MikeMcE said:

Always used a simple [homemade] brush for watermarking. Well thats a waste of time, but did work for me.

Hardly a waste of time if it did what you needed it to do! ;)

well it really wasn't that bad here's a sample over one of my flowers.

Not bad at all, although I have to wonder why the copyright symbol © is superscripted like that in the ITC Bradley Hand font.

I've switched over to Flicker from Photobucket.

<pedantry>
Flickr, not Flicker
</pedantry>

Nice Strelitzia, by the way.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

14 hours ago, Alfred said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Mike. :)

Hardly a waste of time if it did what you needed it to do! ;)

Not bad at all, although I have to wonder why the copyright symbol © is superscripted like that in the ITC Bradley Hand font.

<pedantry>
Flickr, not Flicker
</pedantry>

Nice Strelitzia, by the way.

Good catch, Alfrd.   

😛 

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

If you have the G'MIC extension plugin for Affinity Photo there is an automatic watermark script you can utilize which is included in the tool set. @MikeMcE

Not many font choices though. Maybe someone should write a macro for Affinity Photo which does something similar.

An example of mine is included.

chest-4035675_DAP_Mosaic(Mosaic_Crazy)watermark.jpg

Maybe someone should write a macro for Affinity Photo which does something similar.

Odd you mentioned that. The You Tube video by Olivio did just that in the second half of his video. 

If I had the G'MIC extension, I wouldn't have learned how easy it is to make.

There’s no need to ‘faff around’ with brushes and/or macros to get a simple re-usable watermark.

You can create one quickly with a Rectangle, some Artistic Text, Photo’s Pattern Layer functionality and Assets.

See attached video for a quick run-through.

Note: I feel sure that this isn’t the first time this technique has been posted but no-one else in this thread has posted any links to the tutorials they mentioned/used, or given a run-down of what they did, which makes it difficult for anyone reading this thread to know what the possibilities are.

Posting links, videos, images and documents (etc.) is normally fine as long as the material is relevant to the thread and complies with the forum rules and guidelines.

If a member of staff thinks that there’s a problem with what you have posted then they might remove it, and tell you why they have done so, but that’s quite rare.