You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Perspective is not working in Designer, Is this a bug?

I have already developed a logo design template that includes all the necessary variations, along with a stunning showcase for the client. However, there seems to be a small hiccup with the mockup as the perspective isn't aligning perfectly. To better comprehend the issue at hand, I kindly request you to watch the provided video. I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a look and perhaps come up with a solution that will resolve this matter seamlessly.

coveer.jpg

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

This looks like a known "phenomenon". Or perhaps a bug, what do I know.
You're using "artistic text" for the logotype which dynamically changes the size of the object bounds. 
Try frame text with constant frame size and padding instead, so that the text never appears outside the frame bounds.
You may need to create a new perspective group for that, however.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

@albertkinng Fonts can be wonky. Have you tried different fonts and got the same result? Just a thought. Or, convert the font to outlines? Not sure if that is possible with Affinity or if this would conflict with the objective of this project. I don't work much with fonts these days.

Affinity Photo and Design V1. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Dell Precision 7710 laptop. Intel Core i7. RAM 32GB. NVIDIA Quadro M4000M.

It might help if you would provide a sample .afdesign file so we can see exactly how you're doing that work.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@albertkinng, here's what I mean:

apu_text_symbol_warp_groups.png.c58b5dd520b9f371757585e1cf0f1e97.png

A Warp Group is always created based on your selection bounds.
A scenario which will result in a bad warp:

1. You create a warp group based on an artistic text symbol without any descender.
  2. The warp group size will exactly match this artistic text bounding box.
  3. You change the text using characters with descender,
  4. The artistic text bounding box will change in size.
  5. The warp group will not change in size.
  6. The descenders will be outside the warp group bounds, incorrectly distorted.

Hence you should be using frame text where the bounding box – and thus also the subsequent warp group – will always remain static.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Also, I don't think it's a bug.
There are just certain limits to how multiple complex features can interact.

A solution would be an option to dynamically bind the warp group bounds to the bounding box of its content, i.e. when the content bounding box changes, the warp group bounding box changes accordingly as well. This is currently not the case: once created, the warp group remains static.
On the other hand, such an option would inevitably lead to other "unexpected results" elsewhere.

That's the price of complexity, I guess… :) 

39 minutes ago, albertkinng said:

It seems like you might be using Publisher

Ah, yes, I forgot to mention it.
But using the text frame inset via Publisher's Frame panel is only a "quick'n'dirty security measure".
You can just as well apply a paragraph style with indent and space before to keep the characters inside the frame.
Or continue using artistic text while placing it in a parent blank rectangle shape that would "mimic" the static frame for the warp group.
There are many possible workflows to achieve the same goal.
Publisher is no requirement here.

1 hour ago, loukash said:

Publisher is no requirement here.

I successfully resolved the issue by using Publisher and then transferred back to Designer where it now functions flawlessly! Allow me to demonstrate an alternative method to achieve the same result without relying on Publisher. My intention is to expand upon the existing features, introduce various layouts, and create a highly professional and efficient project. Once completed, I aim to offer this template on Gumroad with utmost confidence that Affinity Designer users will encounter no obstacles while utilizing it.

CleanShot 2024-03-17 at 16.11.21.gif

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com