You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD - how to "shrink" an artborad left/right-proportional? ... and REAL-SUITE vs AD/AP/Apub... GULASCH...

Lets say i have an artboard 1000X500 and i´m absolut HAPPY with all groups and THEM CENTER Postion... and its generell size....

BUT i want to "shrink" the Artbord/Canvas... it self WITOUT loosing any GroupElements.... sizes/places....

Lets say all my groups are Inside the new canvas and an Option like "schrink from MIDDLE" is activated... SO all my  GROUPS (a d layer it self) should be KEEP its current places ... ON the PIXEL exact (if activated).... IF I WANT that will re-size OR SCHRINK proprtional to new MASTER_"freme".... ok... but pere default (or at ölesat as OPTION::: ther schould be "SCHRINK/Crop.... from the mideele Point... keep all intact... just SCHRINK dthe "CANVAS"....

Theer is lot of AP and AD ... THINKING inside....Well. to spend AD a CROP TOOL  a and to spend AP Artboarads...

Is it so  complextly/difficault  to set borders/possibillitys... for EACH SUB-APP...? 

BUT I OWE ALL SERIF!!!!!!! - IT´s a relly annoying  MISS/MESS/FCK...  thah SERIF 

does not matter a SERIF_ALL app: AA for AFFINITY ALL... (all hidden (disabeled)  features from AP in AD and Apub and viceversa and crossover....) 

As an OWNER for SRIF-SUITE i REALLY HOPED THAT I OPEN AFFINITY SUITE AND THE PERSONAS... will handle  (my "SEPERATE"  = is thi9s really separate????) nto ONE file...

AP/AD/APUB--- THE PERSONAS can handle it....

But NO---- Its the same old finder/explorer and warnings and not compatinble...  WARN... like really COMPLETE different apps...

SERIF SUITE  it cost exact as Combo of as the COMBINATION of AP; AD; APub.... (together)  in ONE APP... Thats the GOAL!)

I would by it! NOPER. ia llready have bouht it, but with this ARTIFICALLY DIVIDE into AP: AD; Apub...  files....Dozens. hundreds, thouisands  of 

REDUNDANT files...

( If i had AS = AFFINITY SUITE = AP/AD/APUB together... (i have BOUGHT each of them... I am a OWNER of all this.... s, why have to save/copy"reopen, search.... for SUCH THE FILE anywhre... its so OLDFASHION... nope:  its really "i give a shit" of your worktime...  I AM the MASTER and I HAVE the RULES... and you have to follow me...) 

Thats MAST_Behavior.

PLEASED SERIF overthing this BEHAVIOR....

IF i OWN all SERIF Apps... there is no need for YOU to Seperate (artifically CUT OUT features of them) ... If i just own AP i do understand...  thazt AD/Apub... features not avaible... Thats normal, thats ok...

BUT... I payed SUITE-... so I  ALOS recomend to get a SUITE... But i got just 3 more/less seperate APPS...  with the brand-name SERIF...

Each of this NEEDS new (own) files/ new (own) shortys, toolbars/FILEW_directions, file-handling... and allt the other stuff, you have REDUNDANT to do foer SEPERATE APSS/and its connected files.... ... HOW CAN SUCH FLICKWERK be a SUITE??????

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

It’s a very tightly integrated suite. Unlike other so-called suites, you can open an Affinity file in the latest version of any of the Affinity apps. So, for example, you can open a *.afpub file in Designer (without having to save/copy/reopen anything) if you want to add artboards. Try doing that with a *.indd file in Adobe Illustrator!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

58 minutes ago, Alfred said:

It’s a very tightly integrated suite. Unlike other so-called suites, you can open an Affinity file in the latest version of any of the Affinity apps. So, for example, you can open a *.afpub file in Designer (without having to save/copy/reopen anything) if you want to add artboards. Try doing that with a *.indd file in Adobe Illustrator!

Wlll, ist a ÖLITTLE bit better than ADOBE Suite"... Haha...which needs dozens/hiundrteds... BRIDGES... and so on...  maybe... BUT I HAVE I BOUG "Suite" ... so i expect a A SUITE = ONE!!!!!! APPP i can do allm my stunts (in Personas... however... BUT its ONE FILE i am workin/saving... duplictae.... backstore... in... NOT 3 different AP/AD/AQ...folder and different lot of diffrenent files.... just "different" with its "uniuqe" app...appendix....

NOPE... There should create SERIF a SERIF (Master-file-app (its hust all features FREE in this app...)

CALL it "AFFINITY-SUITE"

and all this folder/file/app(/append/embedded......  stuff = past/history for the NEW SUITE_ ENDUSER....

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

8 minutes ago, Polygonius said:

BUT I HAVE I BOUG "Suite" ... so i expect a A SUITE = ONE!!!!!! APPP

A suite („eine Garnitur“) is a set, not a single item. If you don’t like working with separate apps, you can start every project in Affinity Publisher and only use the Photo and Designer personas when you need them (or ‘Edit in…’ if you want access to all of the other features).

Alfred spacer.png

1 hour ago, Polygonius said:

AD - how to "shrink" an artborad left/right-proportional?

A.) If you want to change the artboard size but keep all nested layers in their current size + position, you have this options:

1. Select the artboard with the Move Tool + activate the "Lock Children" option in the Context Toolbar…
2. Select the Artboard Tool

3. … then drag a corner handle of the artboard with shift key pressed
4. … or type the wanted size … or scaling ratio in the Transform Panel.

B.) If you want to scale an artboard + scale all nested layers:

1. Select the artboard with the Move Tool and de-activate the "Lock Children" option in the Context Toolbar,
2. then continue with A.) 3 or 4.

For a discussion about understanding the Affinity Suite …

lerne zunächst,

======================

dien Gdnkne zu srtieren,

--------------------------------

in Sätzen zu formulieren,
BEHUTSAM Buchstabe für Buchstabe zu tipp

en

and sinnlese Leerzellen einfach wegzuallsen.

"Thats MAST_Behavior" um verstanden zu werden.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

25 minutes ago, Alfred said:

A suite („eine Garnitur“) is a set, not a single item.

For instance, see https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/suite

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/suite

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/suite

etc.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 hours ago, Polygonius said:

i want to "shrink" the Artbord/Canvas... it self WITOUT loosing any GroupElements.... sizes/places....

And you can.
What exactly is the problem here?

(A well meant advice: Rather than posting essays that read like Ernst Jandl poetry, please try to upload screenshots or screencasts. One silent screencast says often more than a thousand of muddled words… :) thanks)

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

10 minutes ago, loukash said:

essays that read like Ernst Jandl poetry

“My art belongs to Dada.”

Alfred spacer.png