You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Black & White & RGB : What you NEED to Know : Tutorial for Affinity Photo/Publisher/Designer

18 hours ago, StudioJason said:

Is interesting indeed, though I discovered this a long while ago and used a different formula for success based on this. 
Saved as new ‘Accurate B/W’ Preset…and works flawlessly.

True, there are a variety of ways to do it. I wanted to give the viewer some background information on RGB and B&W theory to help them make their own decision. 

BTW, Affinity Designer doesn't have Presets for adjustments layers the way Affinity Photo does. I'm not sure why that was never included. 

Another great and useful video, Trent. Cheers.

On 1/13/2024 at 4:38 PM, TrentL said:

BTW, Affinity Designer doesn't have Presets for adjustments layers the way Affinity Photo does. I'm not sure why that was never included. 

After watching your video and applying the settings in Designer, I too noticed the lack of an "Add Preset" Button. Designer also lacks the option to display an Adjustments window/panel. Strange omissions.

I've saved the preset in Photo.

The somewhat tedious workaround for the missing Add Preset in Adjustment Layers for Designer, is... File > Edit in Photo > apply the saved B & W Adjustment (30 Red, 90 Yellow, 60 Green, 70 Cyan, 10 Blue, 40 Magenta), then File > Edit in Designer. Or copy and paste across. (adding this as a note for myself as much as anything, but it might help others).