You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing on iPad when missing a resource in opening file.

When I try to open a file that I know has a missing embedded file in it, it crashes the app. I know because it opens fine on the Mac, just warns about the missing resource.

I've added a video. 

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration

• Staff

Thanks for your report @Affinity-Inspiration!

We've seen this occurring for missing SVG files - which our team are currently working to resolve ASAP.

Can you please confirm for me, what is the format of the missing resource in your file?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

3 hours ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for your report @Affinity-Inspiration!

We've seen this occurring for missing SVG files - which our team are currently working to resolve ASAP.

Can you please confirm for me, what is the format of the missing resource in your file?

Many thanks in advance :)

Yes, the missing file is a psd, which contains svg layers.

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

@Affinity-Inspiration

• Staff

Many thanks for confirming that for me - I can verify this issue has already been addressed by our developers in our upcoming beta version 2.4, where I'm unable to replicate the same crashing issue.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on the beta section of the forums, as we'll announce the builds availability there first.

Our apologies for any inconveniences caused due to this in the meantime!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

My Publisher files have absolutely no SVG files in it… and constantly crashes since iOS Update 17. 
‘Can’t even perform simple Text Editing… and consistently crashes. 
‘Hard Resets do not fix. The app is virtually useless for an entire month now (as described in my own crashing post).

4 hours ago, StudioJason said:

My Publisher files have absolutely no SVG files in it… and constantly crashes since iOS Update 17. 
‘Hard Resets do not fix. The app is virtually useless for an entire month now (as described in my own crashing post).

Is there missing resources?

My publisher isn’t crashing. Only Photo with missing resource.

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

@Affinity-Inspiration

• Staff

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble also @StudioJason.

8 hours ago, StudioJason said:

It sounds as though you're able to open your document for editing, indicating it's a different issue from that being reported above and therefore should be contained to a separate thread.

8 hours ago, StudioJason said:

I can see you've recently replied to your thread where @Lee D was assisting originally, Lee is on annual leave until Monday - however I will be sure to drop him a message to request that he replies to your thread to advise further, as soon as possible.

I hope this helps.

Please note -

Many thanks!

10 hours ago, Affinity-Inspiration said:

Is there missing resources?

My publisher isn’t crashing. Only Photo with missing resource.

Nope. Is all Embedded (and image files are not large PNGs). But thanks. Mine is apparently different… and have to await someone’s leave/vacation to be over apparently, for assistance.🤯

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "[iOS] Files containing SVGs crash on open" (REF: AF-1413) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.3.1.2212".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.