You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange page view

Hi all,

I've seen this occasionally over the years in both Publisher and Designer, where the full page view shows the view attached in this post. I'm posting this from using the latest version of Publisher (2.3). I've seen this occur in silicon and Intel Macs.

Obviously, the whole page should be white, but as you can see, there is only one part of the page in white, the rest is the pasteboard color. In this particular example, I was opening an IDML file, and this is what I got. I doubt it has any bearing, but thought it worth a mention.

If it helps, I'm running:

Apple M1 Max Studio (64GB ram, 4TB SSD)
MacOS 14.1.2
Affinity 2.3

Publisher screen.png

• Staff

@anto and @TomJr

I believe I have reproduced this issue. I have to trigger it in a very specific way though.

I also managed to get the new document into a state where I cannot even properly close it but I certainly get the display issue where the new canvas does not fully display and I get perhaps 1/4 of it showing white and the rest is black.

I will do further poking and can finally get this logged with the developers.

4 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I get perhaps 1/4 of it showing white

To me in V1 the part of the correct area (white) appears to be related to a.) different document window sizes on various screens and b.) to the zoom level before the issue happens. (I just posted a reproducible recipe for V1 in @anto's recent thread)

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

The issue "Dragging document to 2nd monitor prevents you from closing it and can display graphical issues" (REF: AF-1417) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.4.0.2213".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hey @TomJr I ran through the recipe on the bug report again and I cannot reproduce the issue shown in your above screenshot so that particular recipe is fixed (for me at least).

You must be triggering this in another way :( Can you reproduce it? What's the recipe?

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2024 at 4:50 AM, Chris B said:

@TomJr does your Mac have the Intel Iris GPU? 

Chris, so sorry, I missed this response.

I am on the M1 Max Studio, so no. BTW, seeing this issue on 2.4.1 (just released). However, going to the Settings/Performance/Display, and clicking "Use only integrated GPU (requires restart)" seems to fix the issue.

However, I still have a 2019 MacBook Pro. I don't use that nearly as often with Affinity as I do on the M1, so right now don't know if the same issue resides on it.

Edited by TomJr
additional info