You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

After update to 2.3: My curves are gone

Can you tell us how you updated the application?

• Did you open the application and press “Install” when given the pop-up about the update being available?
  • Or did you use menu “Help → Check for updates” and press “Install” when given the pop-up about the update being available?
  • Or did you uninstall the application and then download/install the new version? And, if so, did you download from the same place with the same installation type – EXE/MSIX/MSI – which was installed previously?
  • Or something else?

• Staff

Hi Guenter Diel,

Please accept my apologies.

There was an issue with Adjustment Presets being saved in the wrong category for non-English users which was fixed in 2.3, unfortunately as a consequence of the fix it appears as though these categories are now not being shown.

Would you be able to navigate to the following location and attach a copy of your adjustments.propcol file and I will try and get these recovered for you.
%UserProfile%\.affinity\Common\2.0\user

37 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Hi Guenter Diel,

Please accept my apologies.

There was an issue with Adjustment Presets being saved in the wrong category for non-English users which was fixed in 2.3, unfortunately as a consequence of the fix it appears as though these categories are now not being shown.

Would you be able to navigate to the following location and attach a copy of your adjustments.propcol file and I will try and get these recovered for you.
%UserProfile%\.affinity\Common\2.0\user

Thank you for the quick reply.
Enclosed is the file.

Unfortunately, the Upload has failed:

Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file.
(Error code: -200)

• Staff
15 minutes ago, Guenter Diel said:

Thank you for the quick reply.
Enclosed is the file.

Unfortunately, the Upload has failed:

Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file.
(Error code: -200)

I'm not sure why the forum is failing for you :( However I've created a File Request for our Internal Dropbox which should work better for you here:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/lzMdTXa5Xkqi9vTwhrHQ

• Staff

Thank you very much for the file! Interestingly I've placed your file on my machine and they're displaying (at least I'm assuming these are all the missing presets?):

image.png

I'll pass it along to development to see if there are any further issues here.

However in the mean time I've created a document for you containing all the preset Curve Adjustments that should allow you to quickly re-add them all back to your Curves presets.

Hope this helps

Curve Profiles.afphoto

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

Thank you very much for the file! Interestingly I've placed your file on my machine and they're displaying (at least I'm assuming these are all the missing presets?):

image.png

I'll pass it along to development to see if there are any further issues here.

However in the mean time I've created a document for you containing all the preset Curve Adjustments that should allow you to quickly re-add them all back to your Curves presets.

Hope this helps

Curve Profiles.afphoto 12.43 kB · 0 downloads

It worked perfectly! Many thanks for the effort and the quick help. Have a nice weekend, Günter

Hello, hello,

I realised today that my usual adjustments had disappeared too after the 2.3 update !!!
How do I get them back ?

I updated this way : "I opened the application and press “Install” when given the pop-up about the update being available".

I do have the adjustments.propcol file in :
C:\Users\champ\.affinity\Common\2.0\user\adjustments.propcol

I have an other one in :
C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo\Resources\Affinity Photo\adjustments.propcol

I hope you can solve my problem.

NB : I am  a french user

Friendly yours - Champat

• Staff

@Champat

Sorry to hear you are having this problem 

Please can you upload a zipped up version of your file "adjustments.propcol" from the location 

C:\Users\champ\.affinity\Common\2.0\user\

to our Internal Dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/lzMdTXa5Xkqi9vTwhrHQ

the other file you mentioned is the default installation one, and not needed thank you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Thanks I've added it to the report and will get back to you if it can be recovered 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@Champat

We have looked at your file and done our best to repair it. you fill find it here

adjustments.champat.repaired.propcol.zip

Can I suggest that you exit the application and then rename your "adjustments.propcol" in this folder C:\Users\champ\.affinity\Common\2.0\user\ as adjustments.propcol.old" and put the unzipped contents of my attachment adjustments.propcol in it's place.

That file should restore your adjustments. If it does not look right, then simply delete it and put your adjustments.propcol.old file back as adjustments.propcol

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

@Guenter Diel

We have looked at your file and done our best to repair it. you fill find it here (V. large)

adjustments.günter_diel.repaired.propcol.zip

Can I suggest (if you have not created a lot of new adjustments since you restored them) that you exit the application and then rename your "adjustments.propcol" in this folder %UserProfile%\.affinity\Common\2.0\user\ as "adjustments.propcol.old" and put the unzipped contents of my attachment adjustments.propcol in it's place.

That file should restore your adjustments. If it does not look right, then simply delete it and put your adjustments.propcol.old file back as adjustments.propcol

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "Customer cannot see custom Curves Adjustments after updating to 2.3.0" (REF: AF-1430) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.4.0.2185".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.