You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to export as pdf from publisher (Mac)

Big problem, as I need to get a Publisher-document press-ready! My document does not export. In the export-window, the preview does not show. When I try to export, nothing happens for a while, then after a minute or so the progress bar appears, but does not move. When I click the 'cancel' button, it takes the program several minutes (!) to cancel. No error messages appear. I have tried eleminating elements from the document, but have not found out where the problem comes from. Other, older documents export without problems. What I have tried so far: ungrouping grouped elements, deleting rounded corners on image frames, copying the content in a new document, exporting only 1 page, copying the content in Designer. Nothing works. Can anyone help me? I need to get this solved.

Although the spelling language doesn't cause the export problem it may get wanted to be fixed: A dictionary "de-NL" (~ German in Dutch dialect) doesn't exist. It may indicate the language wasn't set correctly for the related text.

If it is a permanent issue in all new documents you could fix it by overwriting the standard, factory Defaults: Create a new text with the wanted settings -> choose menu Edit > Defaults > Save. – If it worked it will show the new language setting in the Character panel even with no document opened.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

How long have you let it sit and process the job? Complex jobs can take a while depending on the makeup of the file. I have a file in Indesign that takes about a literal 10 mins or so to make the PDF on an M1 Max. Lots of feathered vectors and layered over prints. Does not look that complex but the computer certainly thinks so. 

@wonderings The longest I let it 'sit' is about ten minutes. But it just doesn't do anything. Plus it's just a folder design of two pages, nothing very complicated. I have made something like this often and never had this problem. (Even my 116 page fc book didn't take this long.) And when I strip the document and start adding elements, it just takes 1 element more before the problem occurs and it is never the same element.